Happiness

How many of you are truly happy? but sometimes you feel like why am I so happy when so may people around me aren't? and it feels weird? but to know we are so lucky? I don't know, sometimes I feel ppl are just waiting for something to happen to change the "happy family time" its weird.

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 1:22 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think a lot of what gets in people's way from being happy is that they're sitting and waiting for the bad things to happen. They're waiting for the other shoe to fall, so to speak, so they don't live in the enjoyments of today. I am guilty of that a lot of the time, but I'm also guilty of looking around me and seeing what my husband and I have built together. Our lives may not be perfect, but we have our own home, car, our beautiful children, our families, and each other. Sure we could use more money, we could use a better car, we could improve our home, and we could travel more .. But what we have is pretty damn nice just the way it is.

I don't agree in feeling guilty for being happy when other's are suffering. Don't get me wrong, I don't think we should forget about them, but your happiness and their suffering don't go hand in hand. It's okay to be happy for what you have even if someone else isn't happy.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:53 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Some people suffer from a happiness deficit. They are incapable of experiencing joy. Sad.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 1:22 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• "Happily ever after" isn't a realistic goal, but "happy enough some of the time" seems to be the norm.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• My SO and I are very happy with our life. And we are very blessed and lucky. Sure, we dont have $1,000,000, but we have each other, a healthy and happy baby, a house 3 blocks from the beach, family that is always around to help and just be there, and although life isnt perfect, we choose not to look at it that way. We enjoy everyday that we have so much, and are thankful for having it. We know that life can change in an instant, but no matter what, we can get through it together.
    And some people are just miserable, immature, lonely people that have nothing better to do than try and bring you down. Or even wish for something bad to happen to you. I just ignore them. MIsery loves company. All those people really want is for you to be as miserable as them, and I just dont give them the satisfaction.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:06 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I can say, without hesitation, that I am truly happy at this point & time/stage of my life.

I believe that a large part of happiness is perspective and state of mind.

I do not feel bad or guilty being happy when I see others who are unhappy. Most who I personally know who are "unhappy" make themselves unhappy. The think in ways that increases & perpetuates their unhappiness. They make decisions that increase and perpetuate their unhappiness. They spend more time complaining about how miserable and unhappy they are, instead of spending that time doing something about what makes them unhappy. Many I know, would be far less "unhappy", if they actually took the time to really look at themselves, look at their lives, and put more time in creating happiness instead of wallowing in unhappiness.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:11 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I am truly happy. I wish we had more money, and all that, but there is very little I would change about my life.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:34 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I am HAPPY!~ I think it is a choice. I can wake up some days and be mad at the world but that doesn't change the world, it just makes my day crappy. I find if I make a decision to be happy and make it a point to be nice to everyone I encounter during the day , I feel so much better about everything. I also may have made someone else's day a little bit better.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 1:42 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I am very happy and blessed to have what my family and I have! I continue to thank God daily. I know I am right in the center of God will and it is unbelievable!
    arbnmom

Answer by arbnmom at 1:53 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I couldn't be happy unless I had a swimming pool full of $100 bills. I would not mind spending the rest of my life alone in a mansion with nobody to talk to as long as I could order anything I wanted off the internet :)
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 1:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• im not!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:01 PM on Nov. 22, 2010