So this nurse was calling my baby names....

I had to get one of those fetal stress tests. My baby always gets really active when I get ultrasounds and other things like that done. So of course, he was rolling around and moving when she put the device on me to listen to his heartbeat. Everytime she'd find it, he'd move. She started getting really mad and called him names like "rotten little fart" and "stupid little thing". I was so shocked! She PICKED this job and it's not my fault that my baby is moving.... I have to go back on Thursday, what should I do if she starts up again?

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 8:01 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I think that rotten little fart is just as bad as stupid thing. I can see someone saying "little booger" or calling your baby uncooperative but nothing that is rotten or stupid.

I know that when someone called my baby a tumor with eyes I was ready to take her down. This is no different. Hopefully your baby gave her even more trouble after calling your baby those nasty names.

In all reality, I would call the nursing supervisor at the clinic that you went to and file a complaint. If she did it to you, I am sure she has done it to others.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 8:12 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I admit, I laughed at rotten little fart. lol. But stupid little thing? Next time I would ask that she refrain from calling your unborn baby names.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 8:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Ya I will tell her to refrain from using negative names. I could understand if she said something along the lines of Wow you got a soccer player in there but stupid little thing is a bit harsh.
    awife1life3kids

Answer by awife1life3kids at 8:05 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I would punch her in the face, but that is just me. I am hormonal.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 8:06 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I'm normally a very..... I dunno how to put it. But when she called him stupid little thing I wanted to grab her by her hair and throw her on the floor but I saw my husband shake his head because he KNOWS that I would've hurt her... Rotten little fart didn't bug me as much, he WAS being a little turd but still. She shouldn't have said that and all the other things she said.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 8:07 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Holy, I would say can't you find it you stupid BIG thing...How rude...The rotten little fart.. that is not calling your unborn baby stupid..
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 8:11 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I think you should report her ass!
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 8:11 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Um....I don't care how bad of a day she's having, she has no business calling your baby anything but "sweetie", "little guy" or anything nice like that. That is totally unprofessional not to mention just plain bitchy.

If she starts up like that again, say, "Excuse me? Are you referring to my son? Because I suggest you shut up or get slapped." or tell the office you need another technician - and tell them what happened.
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 8:15 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• ask her why she is calling him/her that! i would not hesitate to say thats really mean do u always call unborn babies that? i can only imagine if it was someone that had a hard time even just getting pregnant had her im sure they would be very upset! babies are miracles no matter what! not stupid little things!she is.
    Anonymous

• my sister is an RN in labor and delivery, and she says that is illegal, u should report it
    Anonymous