How to get children to wipe after going to the bathroom.

This may be silly to ask...but I need some ideas or advise. My daughter (9 yrs old) does not wipe after going to the bathroom, and if she does, it is not very good and her underwear is all stained and gross. There are times when you can smell her just standing by her. I have told her that she needs to be more careful when wiping and that people can smell her but she still doesn't seem to get it.

lovemykids2010

Asked by lovemykids2010 at 1:26 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Keep telling her that. Or when you smell it, make her go take a shower. That is really gross.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:33 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• It sounds funny, but I taught my boys to put one hand on the floor and wipe with the other. That way they learned to get between the cheeks.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Oh wait, I didn't see that she's 9 years old. That's how I taught my kids at 3 years old to do it. At that age, I'm not sure how you would get her to understand.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:37 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I just showed mine what to do.. after about a month of helping them and showing them, they did it.
    AmandaValentin

Answer by AmandaValentin at 1:40 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Show her the underwear and have her stain stick them and wash them.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:02 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Get those moist wipes and ask her to use those to wipe with, maybe she just can't get it all well enough. Tell her that it's unhealthy and she could get very sick and get an infection if she doesn't wipe properly. Show her how to do it so that she is more careful about it.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:18 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Make sure you teach her the importance of wiping from front to back to help avaoid getting a urinary tract infection. If she has 1 or 2 of those she'll learn.
    shabbypink123

Answer by shabbypink123 at 1:03 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• go to check after she is done and it with sink in
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 1:35 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• ok unless she is physically challenged she is just being lazy......have her help you with her laundry, show her how nasty it is to clean, give her some consequences/take away privileges.....let her know you mean business!

michaux

Answer by michaux at 7:39 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Keep telling her that. Or when you smell it, make her go take a shower.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:05 AM on May. 16, 2011