With the crap going on in the U.S., do you ever consider moving to another country?

I heard Argentina sets up an individual savings account for each of their citizens, instead of a failing social security system like the U.S.

Think about it, you can't marry who you want, you can't talk on the phone in your car, you get molested at the airport, we're in a recession, our school system is bad, our currency is losing value, we can't creat job because we send them overseas...

Where would you go and why?

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 1:27 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. -- Abraham Lincoln"

And in today's age we're destroying ourselves. We are living as every individual as their own country banning themselves against everyone else. We're putting up our own fronts to protect ourselves from the "Evils" of this country, when we should be holding the hand of our neighbor and walking into the battle together. Nothing is going to change in this country if we keep getting in our own ways. There isn't a country that doesn't have it's downfalls. No matter how sweet the sugar, there is always bound to be a bitter taste left behind. It's the nature of the way things go, but we can change how many bitter tastes we have. But we have to stop getting in our own way, we have to stop fighting against one another in this country. We'll fall on our own sword if we don't.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:49 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• No ... the vast majority of western civilization has already jumped on the communist/socialist bandwagon ... America is just running late. I'd rather try and fix America and restore the Republic, than just leave her to drown in socialist misery.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 1:52 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• You say you can't marry who you want....do you ever think about women in other countries who are FORCED to marry someone they don't want to?
    Anonymous

• I'm proud to be an American. This is not the best or worst of times.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:54 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I'd have to do some research. Just because somewhere sounds like a nice place to live it doesn't mean it would be better than here, It most likely has enough faults of it's own. After all who isn't in a recession? I think America is the best place to live really and the problems we are having now, I'm willing to work on fixing them.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:04 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• No. Do you realize how petty the "problems" American's complain about are to people in other countries?
    Anonymous

• You can't talk on the phone or what? You get a ticket and have to pay a small fine? You ever think about people who break a small law and die? Or get their hands cut off?
    Anonymous

• You get a pat down for security at an airport? What about people who don't have the right to fly wherever they want? Or are molested by police on a daily basis? Or watch their love ones get murdered because there IS NO SECURITY?
    Anonymous

• Yea I know a family in Argentina, it's not as cozy as it looks. Nope I dont' want to live anywhere else. My kids are doing great in school, my husband has an amazing job, i've never been "molested" at the airport, I've been patted down several times for setting off the beeps, but I don't really give a rats butt about it. And I married who I wanted to. Oh on occasion I do talk on the phone in my car, but that is with a headset, i would really feel bad if I killed somone because I was too busy "Chatting" than driving.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:32 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Your kid's school isn't the best? Does your kid have a right to go to school period?
    Anonymous