cafemom

Where differences are celebrated and women discuss interesting topics in a civil and adult-like manner. (eyeroll.)

Sarahsdawn

Asked by Sarahsdawn at 1:31 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in About CafeMom

• For the most part, women here are adults. But yes, there are the ones who are stuck in Junior High (or lower) mode who cannot stand to respect the opinions of others and of course there are the drama mamas as well. But you're going to see that behavior anywhere. I have seen some good conversations though.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 1:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Everyone seems to be calm on neutral topics like, "what vacuum cleaner should I buy?"
    But, for any other question, everyone is immediately snarky, snappy, judgmental, etc. Obviously on topics like that there will be different points of view, but I've never seen so much 8itchiness in one place. idk, maybe I'm wrong, but that's all I've seen so far.
    Sarahsdawn

Comment by Sarahsdawn (original poster) at 1:41 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Generally speaking that is true. However, there isn't a single place anywhere where you get a group of individuals together and it stays civil. You're going to have one or more people who just don't back down, who can't behave, or who don't know how to repsect others. It's human nature and there's no possibility of everyone getting along all of the time. However, it is possible for us to ignore those we don't agree with, like, or respect. We do have the possibility to be the bigger person.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:41 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• eye rollingwas expecting an eye roll little green guy, so here you go, this question not complete without one of these

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:44 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Well, actually the admin team never claimed that. People just assume that it would be that way.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:55 AM on Nov. 24, 2010