Quick! I need help!! I only have a few hours to deal with this!

Ok, who has an Intex pool and leaves it up all winter even in freezing temps? I live in the Willamette Valley in Oregon and I thought I'd have a little more time to drain it and put it away, but we're being hit hard tonight with temps into the 20's. I'm worried about the top freezing and causing damage but I can't drain it and leave it up cause then the liner is even more exposed. No one seems to know what chemicals I can put in it. Even the website didn't help.
Any one have any suggestions? It's just the regular pump that came with it, no slat water system. We have a cover. And the water really needs to be cleaned. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks ladies!
Oh and if you don't have a suggestion, could you please BUMP it so it doesn't get lost and go unnoticed? Thanks!!

Megs5384

Asked by Megs5384 at 1:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• No answer but a bump. Did you try to call the manufacturer?
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 1:45 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Don't you have a Pool store that you could call and ask? (Not to sure what an Intex pool is)
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 1:48 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• If you're on the internet can't you google frozen pool water?
    (you typed out your question, right?)
    drain all the water out
    cover your pipes with insulation, thickly and wrap with duct tape
    put the pool cover on, and tie it down
    Anonymous

• I went to the manufacture's website and they weren't much help. Gave instructions on what to do, just not what to use as far as chemicals. And we bought the pool at Wal-Mart. They are not much help at all past showing me which isle the pool stuff is in. None of the pool stores around here deal with this kind of pool. We dealt with that last year with our other pool, which ended up not mattering because the raccoons got to it and tore it up before we had a chance to do anything. (Before we were even done using it actually).
    Megs5384

Comment by Megs5384 (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• And anonymous.. is there a reason you needed to be rude in your answer? Yes, I know how to type. but getting direct answers from people who have actually used the same product is (to me) easier and more productive than google. I hate google. I never really get direct answers for things like this. I can't drain all the water. It's 15ft across and 4ft deep. It wouldn't finish draining in time. And even if it did, I can't take it down by myself, my fiance has to go to sleep since he works graveyard and I can't leave it up while empty. That leaves the liner exposed even more and it will become brittle and break. I believe I TYPED that concern (in a few less words) in my question. (You are able to read, right? I mean, you read the title to the question didn't you?)
    Tell you what, you google "frozen pool water" and get back to me with the answer...
    Megs5384

Comment by Megs5384 (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I would take out the pump. I don't know of any chemicals you can put in to keep the water from freezing; in our area, people put empty gallon jugs in the pool, then cover it. (I believe it's to help the pool from bursting if it freezes solid.) You could shock it to clean it up a little before you close it, but that won't stop it from freezing.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:52 AM on Nov. 23, 2010