just had my blood sugar tested for free at publix and...

it was 79. isn't that a little low, or just right? i hadn't eaten in about 3 hours though so maybe it was right on track. they had lots of people there and didn't really have much time to answer my questions.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 1:41 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Health

• While 3 hours is not considered fasting, I think that a 79 is just fine considering you hadn't eaten in that period of time.Most importantly is how you were feeling at the moment. Some people can tolerate a number that is considered low and some can't. I am diabetic and due to years of uncontrolled BS if my numbers go below 90 I start to feel "funny". My husband is not diabetic and he routinely has BS readings much lower and feels just find. just keep in tune with your body and remember it is better to eat a small amount every 2-3 hours
    wyldreams

Answer by wyldreams at 2:28 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• 110 and under is normal.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 1:43 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• That's good for a "fasting" number.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:56 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Your blood sugar will vary through the day, and if you didn't eat anything for a while, then that will affect it... but 79 doesn't sound terribly out of whack...
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 2:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Sounds fine to me, blood sugar fluctuates throughout the day depending on what/when you've eaten.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:16 PM on Nov. 22, 2010