stay at home moms.

I am also a stay at home mom and just wondering how many hours a day or week do you spend actaully cleaning or doing stuff for the house dont include the hours you watch yoour child just cleaning. Thanks

okmommy08

Asked by okmommy08 at 1:41 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I spend a couple of hours a day cleaning (floors, laundry, dusting, bathrooms, etc) but I also spend about 5 hours a day educating my kids (we are homeschoolers) and another couple of hours a day cooking. I also volunteer part time with girl scouts and spend a couple of hours a day working on that too. All that added up and I'm putting in about an 11 hour day every day. No wonder I'm living on coffee!

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:16 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Honestly, I don't know. Our House stays pretty clean, so I don't have to do more than tidy up/organize.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:57 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Yikes i've never thought to total up the hours.. if I did it would probably be a ridiculous amount because it seems that is all I ever do!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 1:42 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I hardly get anything done. I try my best to keep a clean house but my baby is only 5 mo so he requires a lot of attention. but I would say I spend about 2 hours a day total. unless he takes a good nap which lately has not been the case. as of right now he is in his crib screaming for the 3rd time today because he won't take a nap but is so tired and fussy.
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 1:43 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• i "tidy" everyday, which to me means picking up toys and other crap off of the floor and putting it away, washing/putting away dishes and cleaning off the dining room table.

"deep cleaning" i do every week, sometimes twice a week now that my 10 month old is mobile and also into everything that her 2 older sisters are. that's getting down to the knitty gritty and cleaning the bathrooms, dusting, vacuuming, moping, laundry etc. probably spend about 4 hours doing it all because i cant ever get it all done at once, eventually somebody is tired, hungry or in need of a hug.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:44 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Hmm, I'm not sure because I do very little all at once. I usually do a little here, a little there. I'm sure it adds up to a lot, but hardly ever in a big chunk.
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 1:44 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• 10? My son is in school fulltime and there's no one here to make a mess. This doesn't include laundry.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:44 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Prob 5 at most. We are pretty tidy and dont have alot of "happy crap" to dust. That includes laundry
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• It's never the same day to day, just as it's never the same week to week. I do roughly about 5 loads of laundry a week and roughly about 5-6 loads of dishes a week. That's on a good week. I do things when they need to be done and when my kids are occupied.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:21 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I don't know a specific number of hours, plus it varies day to day. Days like to today I helped my husband work and was out all day with him. By the time we got home I was exhausted and couldn't even think about cooking dinner so it was a pizza night. I would say I spend about an hour and a half a day.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 2:10 AM on Nov. 23, 2010