Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crying out for help *Update*

I am about to kick my hubby out for those of who doesn't know why. He was texting and talking to other girl. Anyway, he doesn't really seem to care for us anymore so I am about to tell him to leave the house, but before I do, I would like to know what kind of things I need to ask him. I am praying that he realizes what he has before it is too late but I have to be prepare for the worst. I am worried about my rent and credit card payments and of course the rest of the bills but if he goes how much is he entitled to pay? Please help me out, I am a total mess and you can probably read it too. lol. Thanks for all your help.sad

Answer Question

Asked by bratgirln1 at 1:42 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Relationships

Level 17 (3,554 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • Depends on his income and what the judge decides due to the laws of your state.

    Answer by ballewal at 1:44 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

  • This is a tough situation. I am sorry to hear you are dealing with this ((hugs)).

    Answer by blessedwithree at 1:46 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

  • If he goes away he dosent have to pay anything until a court orders it. You would either have to get a legal seperation and have child support set up or a divorce either way they will set up child support and tell him what he is obligated to pay as far as the bills. You can always ask him to help pay without an order but I am guessing he wouldnt. It sucks but thats the way it works. If he is on the lease or the house you may not even be able to make him leave without the courts involvement if you arent being abused. You shouldnt be askin gim questions when things get to this point you need the advice of an attornet the first visit where you ask questions is usually free. I would start there. You may also want to get a book called learning to leave lots of good advice. Hang in there it will get better.

    Answer by okmommy08 at 1:47 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

  • Well it depends on the state you live in. But when I left my DH I was responsible for everything I took IE the car payment. However if your house is in both names or lease is in both names he is responsible for it. But it will be hard to make him pay if you kick him out. My advise make a plan. Talk to an attorney. Such it up while you do. That is what I did when I left my ex. Oh and if you plan on filing for grounds get that evidence. Get the phone number of the girl you can reverse search it on the net. It is a cell so it isn't listed but the intellus site for like $10 can give the name and address of the person registered to the phone. Then do some research do you know who this girl is? You can PM me. I have been there and done that!!!


    Answer by christinato at 1:48 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

  • I say wait it out save up some money and when your good to geo leave.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

  • Unless things are in his name alone, he's not required to pay anything until the court says so. With the rent, if he goes, assuming you are both on the lease, then you will be responsible for it, as with the bills, until the courts say differently.

    Answer by hobbitswife04 at 1:54 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

  • Really? No wonder why so many moms I know can't get out of the relationship. It is so freaking hard.

    Comment by bratgirln1 (original poster) at 1:59 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

  • I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. I know it's not easy but remain strong maybe this could be a wake up call for him to turn around idk but good job for you putting your foot down and letting him know you will not put up with it. I hope things work out for you. Hugs

    Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 2:06 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.