What makes it a "good" Christmas for YOU?

Just curious, really. It doesn't have to be reality, it could be a fantasy of how you would like it. Or it could be real. However you celebrate or ignore it. What makes a good Christmas for you?
For me it would be the entire family together under one roof, everyone getting along (for the most part) and enjoying the time together, as well as the food and the gifts. But mostly the family --enjoying one another. No worrying, no "dissapointments" from someone because so and so did this or isnt there.

duckigrrl

Asked by duckigrrl at 1:52 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Holidays

• I totally agree with your scenario. Having family together.
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 1:55 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Family, my daughters face when she gets that toy she's wanted forever!
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 1:58 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Having my family together. I live 8 hours away from my family and only get to see them during holidays. Getting to see my family is the greatest Christmas present anyone could give me.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:59 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Having my husband and kiddos with me for Christmas. That is most important.

My DREAM Christmas would be waking up to excited kiddos in our bed after a good night sleep, lots of powdery snow, and coming downstairs to find my parents, sister, inlaws, sister in law, and the two boys I hope that they marry, happy,baring gifts and Starbucks. There would be no fighting, my Dad would be clothed and polite, my FIL wouldn't do any of his gross things that annoy me, and my Mom and MIL would stay out of the kitchen (at least long enough to open gifts and relax a bit) and enjoy themselves instead of catering to everyone.

We would have a leisurely day of eating, talking and playing with our new toys. The boys would then clean up the box and wrapping paper mess while the girls drink wine and make dinner.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 2:10 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• The ENTIRE Family under one roof. That means, Aunts, uncles, cousins, grandkids, kids, parents, just everyone. HUGE feast being made in the kitchen, Parades on TV, snacks and Appetizers on the coffee tables. Christmas decorations up. Christmas tree lit and shinning bright. Board games being played on the dinning room table. just everyone enjoying the Holiday together.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:19 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• If everyone is healthy and there is no drama!
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 3:27 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• It's not just the day of Christmas, but it's the few weeks leading up to it! I look at all of it like Christmas. I have found that I'm happiest when I have time to do all of the "fun" things, like driving around and looking at decorated homes, going to special holiday shows, taking time to stand in line to visit Santa withought thinking of the time and all I have to do. I'm a pretty well organized person and don't feel that I wait until the last minute, but somehow time runs out and there is a little rush before the actual day! I've always been happiest when things are done and it's peaceful enough to enjoy my family and being with them without feeling that it's been hectic. Doesn't happen every year, but that's what I strive for!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 4:35 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I love it when the whole family can make it to the big dinner on christmas eve and none of the cousins are overseas.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 7:00 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Jesus! Then the tree, music, food, decorations, and time with my family.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:32 AM on Nov. 23, 2010