Headache for 2 weeks straight

I have had a headache for two weeks straight. I can function normal but it is quite irritating. I know I should probably go see my doctor, but I am wondering if this has happend to anyone and what suggestions you might have.

MizzNicole

Asked by MizzNicole at 8:05 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Health

• it could be a sign of high blood pressure, u should get checked cuz if it goes really high u can go into seizures
    Anonymous

• My BIL had a terrible headache for weeks. When he finally went to the Dr they ended up doing a spinal tap to him and told him he had Meningitis. A headache that does not go away is SERIOUS!!! Go to your Dr. Make sure your getting enough water and food in your diet as well as cronic dehydration and mal nutrition can cause you to have head aches.

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:36 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Unfortuantly, Headaches are signs of SO many things. The most importiant thing is to rule out the scary things. If you have any dizziness, confusion, loss of balance, etc, you should go to the E.R. They will most likely give you a CT scan (if they dont offer it, ASK) If you are really worried , request contrast ( it makes the smaller things show up better in the CT scan.) This just rules out Brian Tumor, which is unlikely, so don't freak out. If you would rather wait before going to the E.R. then self treat: Get plenty of sleep (8+ hours), drink plenty of water (dehydration is very likely), have Blood pressure checked, and try meditation for stress relief. Just take a minute or two for quiet time and breathing. best of luck!
    Dr.TRHB

Answer by Dr.TRHB at 3:01 AM on Nov. 5, 2008