why do guys stress when their wives are pregnant?

Like my husband is always stressing asking me how I am feeling..is everything ok..and if I say I do not feel good he is like omg is baby ok..what is wrong..and hes always calling me and texting me and asking me how I am doing. I am getting annoyed with it.

deevega

Asked by deevega at 1:58 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• His life is changing, too. And that's his kiddo in there. You should count your blessings, some men could care less. You got a good one!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:01 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• damn wish I had that problem when I was preggers with my first child. My hub was so scared that he was practicly detached emotionally from the pregnancy. All you can do is talk to him calmly and tell him that if you have any problems then you will be sure to let him know.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:01 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Not all guys are like that. And you should be happy that he is showing his much care. Yes it seems like a lot but there are woman out there who's husbands still complain about not having dinner ready when they get home even though their SO has been pretty much glued to the toilet. Or you have the woman who are on bed rest and there husbands still expect things to be done. Be thankful that he is showing he cares even if it is a bit over bearing. If this is his first child he is probably really nervous about it too.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 2:02 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Sounds like he loves you and the baby alot. I would be glad that he was concerned and laugh off his questioning. He just loves you guys and wants to be sure all is ok.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:02 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Sorry if my words are missing letters, or I am missing words all together. This site doesn't do well on my laptop and I type to fast for it and I'm tired of going over everything.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 2:03 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• You have a very caring husband. Remember that you are the one carring the baby and having all the "feelings" he is not. So maybe this is his way of being part of it. take a deep breath with he starts asking and take these moments to tell him everything and every little detail that you are feeling. he is probably stressed over how things are going to be or if he is going to be a good daddy. Ease the fear and let him in on all the little things. Good luck and Congratulations!
    yvonne37

Answer by yvonne37 at 2:04 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Thanks everyone!! Yeah I do have a good hubby. He is soo good to me and does do lots of cleaning cause I have had morning sickness horrible for the first 5 and half months. I guess my issue is I just get sick of hearing it..and him asking me all the time how I am doing and how is the baby. I guess laughing it off would be something to do. I always tell him I am fine and baby is fine. He just wants me to be careful and eat and not do much cause he had a previous wife who got pregnant by him and she did not take care of herself and she miscarried at 5 months with their baby boy. So now hes all worried about it happening to him again. And I just keep saying everyone is different and everyones pregnancy is different too. I just hope he stops stressing cause its hurting his health too. he gets the shits all the time and almost everyday and its like if he knows im sick he gets sick instantly just from stressin.
    deevega

Comment by deevega (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• i think its sweet it shows he loves u and the baby. would u like it better if he never asked u how u were feeling? my husband does it too he worry's about me and our baby but then again ive a lot of downs with our second child almost lost her.....so i think its sweet :)
    twimommy

Answer by twimommy at 5:01 PM on Nov. 22, 2010