how do i get my 8 month old to sleep thru the night?

I've already posted this in a diffrent group, but ill try anything to get her to sleep thru th night. I've tried giving her an 8 oz bottle with baby rice cereal in it, I've tried just an 8 oz bottle, I've tried a 6 oz bottle, I've tried a bath before her night bottle, & even after her night bottle, but nothing works, I've even tried baby food, & giving her her night bottle before 8, letting her ply till 10 ,& than putting her to bed, but nothing works, please help me cafemom, idk what else to try, I'm hopein soon she will be sleeping through the night. She is an awesomely wonderful baby, but sometimes sleeps to much during the day, & than is to wide awake at night, & wants to stay awake to much at night.

Timothys_Grl

Asked by Timothys_Grl at 1:58 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You wait. My first slept through at age 2 and my 20 month old is getting close. 8 months is still REALLY young. It's not related to food, it's developmental. She'll do it when she's ready.

If she's wanting to play at night and sleeping too much during the day, then keep her awake more during the day and give very little interaction at night.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:07 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• How many times does she get up? none of mine slept through before a year. My son was 2 1/2!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:10 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Try to change the schedule of the sleepy during the day, every baby is different. let me ask is your daughter fussy when she's up at night? Or is she just happy and wanting to play?
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 2:37 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• First what do you consider through the night? At 8 months old about 6-8 hours is the longest most children can or should go without eating. Second they will sleep through the night when they are ready to. My first slept from about 9 pm until 7 am around 14 months old, but my second didn't sleep that long until almost 2 years old.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 2:41 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I am so glad u asked this question...my dd will be 8 months old on the 7th and still doesnt sleep all night:(((
    TiffanieAnn

Answer by TiffanieAnn at 3:15 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• well my first slept threw the night at 8weeks and been like that ever since. But my lil boy now he is another story he just turned 2 and we still have times when he wakes up but once he is in our bed he back to sleep. <----- bad habit!
    britt_howard

Answer by britt_howard at 3:39 PM on Nov. 22, 2010