hair dying?

I know hrmoners can mess with hair coloring... so how many months postpartum is it ok to dye your hair? Also how long does it take on average to get it done. I ebf and baby does not take a bottle.

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 2:22 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I did mine a few days after I gave birth! If you do it at home it takes anywhere from 10-25 minutes. Salon,I guess it depends on how much you get done. Could be hours.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• It can take hours in a salon? It takes 25 to 30 minutes to process if you are in my chair and about 20 minutes to apply a proper application. If you are finishing a hair color in 10 to 25 munutes then you aren't doing it right.

Color is safe during pregnancy and after. The difference while preg is your body temp is slightly elevated so it tends processes quicker.
    You could color now and be perfectly fine. As a professional, day in day out I have all kinds of women in different stages of their lives getting color, and really don't see a difference unless it's puberty, menopause, or medications or health issues.
    If you are worried about hormones and color not taking or damage to your hair, I wouldn't suggest using box color from the drug store. You don't know what's in it. And it usually doesn't come out looking like the lady on the box. lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:32 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Sorry typo, tends to process quicker .....lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• as soon as you get out the hospital (like 3 days average) you would be fine... it is fine to do while preggo - even the home stuff w/o the gloves... it is fine! dye away!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:52 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• My biggest mistake was putting chemicals back in my hair after my baby. I should have left well enough alone. My doc told me I had to wait like 6 weeks after birth to put a perm in....I was breasftfeeding.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 12:38 AM on Dec. 1, 2010