Any other student mothers?

I didn't see a group on here....

What are you going to school for? What challenges have you faced balancing school and motherhood?

As for me, I'm a premed major. The most difficult thing so far has been adequate childcare, and available study time.

You?

Sarahsdawn

Asked by Sarahsdawn at 2:22 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• Majoring in Nursing and Sonography, biggest challenge, money and childcare
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Law School. It's very difficult to find the time to get work done. By the time all 3 kids are in bed, it's late and I'm exhausted. Also, earning money while in school. Can't really work 40 hours, so finances can easily be a problem.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 2:29 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I'm taking up Nursing and or Social Work. My son is 1 and I he will not let me study so I have to study when he's sleeping. Studying is my biggest obstacle.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 2:29 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Im doing on line classes for medical transcription, the hardest thing is staying motivated since I stay busy with the kids all day, and errands (sahm) my husband works easily 70-80 hrs/wk so when hes home i just want to check out and breath. :-/ uhhhg need to get motivated though.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 2:32 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I am going for my bachelors in Business Administration, and I am doing it all online... I work 8-5 monday thru friday, and it's so tough juggling work, school, house work, mom time, wife time... so hard but I'm doing it so far.
    devnsmom08

Answer by devnsmom08 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I've been going for a while, I do online so the hardest for me is when I have to get work done and my dd wants me to read to her or play with her. I feel terrible when I can't.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 3:45 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I am getting my Masters in Teaching while i work full time... the biggest challenge is finding time to do the classes (they are online) i am giving up a chunk of my ME time after ds goes to bed!! but in the end - it should be worth it and i do love going to school!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:51 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I'm a nursing student. Studying is definitely the biggest challenge for me! It's a pretty strict course frame, with 99% pass rate for the boards, so I need all the studying I can get in. And every mom who's gone to school knows how hard that is!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 4:07 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Criminal Justice. I have learned to put my stress on a schedule as well as everything else. lol I refuse to let it get the best of me. :)
    BriTony08

Answer by BriTony08 at 4:59 PM on Nov. 22, 2010