sleep number bed?

anyone has a sleep number bed? Was just wondering if you do how do you like it? Is it better than you regular one? Anyone has a bad experience with it?

LittleBirdFly

Asked by LittleBirdFly at 2:25 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Health

• i dont have one but have always wondered if one person really likes soft and the other hard, can you still cuddle in the middle?
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 2:29 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• We love ours. The last standard bed we had was wore out in 5 yrs. We were really upset. We love the sleep number a lot. In fact, we bought my Mom a sleep number bed with the adjustable foundation, massage and e such.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:27 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• @Momsilk.. My husband likes his side 15 points lower than mine. We cuddle with no issue.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:30 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• @momslikeme366 yeah have wondered the same thing
    LittleBirdFly

Comment by LittleBirdFly (original poster) at 2:31 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• @GrnEyedGrandma but you guys only like it 15 number in difference, what if its much more? Doesnt it go from 1 - 100? Just wondering, lol
    I guess if you cuddle in the middle you still on your side and hes still on his
    LittleBirdFly

Comment by LittleBirdFly (original poster) at 2:32 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• We stayed at a hotel that had sleep number beds. I really wasn't impressed, and we won't be returning to that hotel. The edges of the bed were very rigid and I could not find a number that worked having two different sized people in the bed; it was like a water bed in that the lighter person would roll into the depression created by the heavier person. I haven't seen one with dual adjustments, but if it is made similarly to the single adjusting bed I would have to expect there is a ridge in the middle of the bed separating the two chambers.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:34 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• My husband and I stayed at a Raddison hotel years ago and they have rooms with Sleep Number beds in them. I was so excited to try it out. I LOVED it! My husband wasn't impressed, but I think it was because he said he could feel the difference in the middle. BUT I was told the Raddison models have the lowest grade Sleep Number bed in their rooms, so the better beds you can't feel the differerence in the middle. I hope when our mattress wears out my husband will reconsider the Sleep Number bed. I know several couples that have one and everyone I know loves it.
    Blakesmommy0907

Answer by Blakesmommy0907 at 2:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Exactly OP, we cuddlein the middle..I'm on my side and he's on his. 15 points is a big difference. My husband changes his number frequently, depending on how much he is hurting from arthritis. That really makes it nice. My Mom can elevate her feet to reduce swelling w/o hurting her back now. She never could before.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:37 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• We feel no ridge. Here is the exact bed we bought. An Innovations 8

http://www.selectcomfort.com/eng/products/sleep-number-beds/innovation-series/i8/i8_sleep_number_bed?i8

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:41 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• We have a pillow topper mattress so I am not sure about the sleep number. I do know a couple people that used them at a hotel that featured them and they hated them. But I think that is because a lot of people played with them and broke them.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 6:17 PM on Nov. 22, 2010