What is the most important thing your host can do to make your stay pleasant?

We are having several overnight house guests come to stay with us and I want to make sure they have a positive experience. Other than making sure the house is clean, providing clean sheets and having extra towels handy, what else should a host do to make sure their guests have a pleasant stay?

not-the-momma

Asked by not-the-momma at 2:27 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Extra blankets in the room they are staying in, maybe some snacks and books, etc. are nice. Being cold or unable to sleep can be incomfortable if you're staying in someone else's home and are worried about waking them up.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 12:38 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Make sure there is something to do besides watch tv. Everyone likes different things. I always hated going to a persons house where all they would watch is sports the whole time. Have a few books and some board games set out just in case
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 2:29 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Good conversation relaxed atmosphere haha and air freshner in the bathrooms.
    Raindew

Answer by Raindew at 2:32 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Don't overplan the visit. I don't want to feel I have to go do everything with my host; sometimes I want a little time alone.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:32 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• lots of good food,warm bed,clean house,activities/outings
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 5:12 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I like to have a nice space that is my own - like my own room. No one comes in without knocking, I can move stuff around and settle in, etc. that makes my stay!
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 10:12 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Find out one of their favorite dishes and make it for them.
    DivaDynamite

Answer by DivaDynamite at 10:15 PM on Nov. 27, 2010