How to deal with a mean mother?

I don't make enough pay to get my own place so i have to live with my mom, but when she gets mad she tells my daughter really mean things about me, is that still considered alienating? How do i avoid her remarks.

Ganell87

Asked by Ganell87 at 2:32 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• In the same boat
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I understand that, my mom can. B the same way, when her & I fight, she yells at me in front of my son, & tells him mommy is mad at nana, I too live with my mom, I tell my mom not to do that kind of stuff, she tells me & my husband not to yell in front of our kids, but yet its ok for her, tell her how you feel, in a nice kind manner, explain to her how u feel while being calm, if u gt mad & upset, she will to, but she needs to understand that that is ur daughter, & she should respect how u feel. Hope this helps.
    Timothys_Grl

Answer by Timothys_Grl at 2:51 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• JMO--- maybe your mom is a bit stressed with you living there? IT is difficult to have a grown child (and her child) move in! She is probably having a difficult time the whole who gets to discipline your child? Just guessing...but I think maybe the time has come to sit down with your mom for a heart to heart and see what she expects as well. You may need to set a time limit as to how long you plan to be there as well. Talk things out or it will get worse ( do this without your children present though). Have you thought about looking for another type of job that pays more or taking on another job? GL
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 3:16 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I can't imagine my Mom doing that to me. I am sorry you are going through this. I would try to sit down and talk to her at the very least. I would just make sure I did it when she wasn't upset. You might get a better response. Good luck to you.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 5:40 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I thin k the only way to stop this unfortunately would be to move out of there:(
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 10:23 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• have you talked to her about it? Maybe she's stressed and doesn't realize how she's making you feel.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:06 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I don't live with my mom, but she's that way when ever I'm around her and worse. I've told her a million times how hurtful she is and she just simply doesn't care. Sometimes you can't change people, you have to let God deal with them. GL to you. Hugs- I know its rough.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:48 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Do what I do...don't speak to her, don't see her. Maybe it is time to move out?
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:34 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• move... i can't imagine my mother being so immature to me or my child...
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:53 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I'd find a way to move. That is unacceptable.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 4:19 PM on Nov. 26, 2010