Can persistent nausea & indigestion be a sign of early labor?

I have 2 kids, but never went in to natural labor... In fact we are/were under the belief that I couldn't labor naturally due to hormonal issues. But I'm 38 weeks and I've been sick for 2 weeks... I have yet to have any stomach issues with this cold though. Last night I was up all night with indigestion, which I blamed on the chili I had for dinner. But now it's 2:30 the next day and I still have this horrid indigestion and I am sick to my stomach for the last few hours. I'm not having any pains or cramps, but I'm wondering if I should eat or lay down, or if I should make sure my boys are packed up to go to their grandmothers just in case...

We planned on being induced, so I'm not quite completely packed up, and neither are my boys... So if this could be labor I would like to know just so I can make sure everyone is ready. On the other hand, if this is me still being sick, I need to make sure I am taking care of myself so that I can get healthy before I have this baby...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't think so. I would think it's more of a digestive problem. Labor normally cleans you out gently not upsets your system

Answer by admckenzie at 2:37 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• im 32 weeks and ive been feeling the same way, my dr told me to use tums for the heartburn. and they work but my tummy still feels sick.... i go back to the dr on the 24th ill ask bout the feeling sick.. i also feel like i dont eat enough when i eat alot...? idk but goodluck finding your answer
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 4:52 AM on Nov. 23, 2010