Charting and determining ovulation? adult content

I have been charting for 4 months now and thought I knew my body pretty well. But, this week, according to my chart on Fertility Friend, I may have ovulated on Friday.
Friday, my temp was still in the lower range and CM was sticky- CD13
Saturday, my temp went up by a degree and my CM was eggwhite. CD14
Sunday, my temp dropped by 1/2 a degree and my CM was watery.
While today, is CD16, my temp went up by 1 degree again and my CM is now sticky so I thought that sometime yesterday I probably ovulated.
Do I pay more attention to my CM results than my temp (as I had been sick with the flu all this week until Friday)?
My ovulation day has either been CD14 or CD15 in the past 4 months.

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 2:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I was so sure that my CD14 with the eggwhite CM was a sure sign that I was very fertile that day and that I would ovulate later that day or the next? The eggwhite was all day for all of CD14 until I went to bed that night. By the next morning, it had changed to watery which I still believed was very fertile fluid for trying to conceive as well. I am hoping that my chart was just incorrect and that we timed our BDing well to try and get pregnant.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Since you were sick that could throw off ovulation a few days and your temps and I would base it on your CM. If you BDed on CD14 then that may well have changed your CM and if you weren't ovulating then you were close and the little swimmers were likely still around on the day you did. When you are sick it makes charting a little tricky.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 2:56 PM on Nov. 22, 2010