Just a Vent

I'm mexican and my fiance is black, we live in the border with Mexico and 95% of people here is mexican. I just got a "fwd text" that said: "Tar balls found on beach near South Padre Island" it came with a picture of a black family swimming!!! I know there is no way that this classmate would know my fiance is black, but one should be really careful who to send those texts to. If I wasn't engaged or even knew my fiance my reaction would have been: "thats mean". But since I am engaged to him it ticked me off. And who would want to have a picture taken of their family and to be sent around with a racist message anyways!?!?!?

karla85

Asked by karla85 at 2:41 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I can see why that's upsetting...I've had "friends" send offensive matter that is thinly veiled as humor too..some people are just ignorant, try to just let it roll off your back and be grateful you were born with a high enough IQ to not be the same way.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 2:46 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• That is sad and disgusting some people are hateful :( ((HUGS)) Cute Avatar!!!!
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 2:44 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Some people just suck.. But honestly.. sometimes I won't even read the forward and just click on ten ppl outta my phone book and send it.. without seeing who it is. I wouldn't let it bother ya.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:42 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• That "friend" who sent it is not your friend. That's a racist forward and wrong no matter what.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 2:45 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• My goodness, some people certainly have the sense of humour of a wire coathanger, don't they?

This is funny? In any context? To anyone? Wow.

It's not even smart enough to be angry about... it's the humour equivalent of a 4mo baby pooping in a diaper.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:46 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I hate racist joke text fwd's I just delete them and do not respond at all. Even when my husband sends them I get really mad at him and I just delete it. tell him later that it was not funny. ( we are both white, and I don't think it matters what color you are they are not funny)
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 2:49 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Wow, that is pretty bad taste. I can't stand racism in any form, whether it's people trying to be funny or just straight up ignorant bastards.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:52 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• that is terrible...I would rethink your "friendship with the person who sent that
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:54 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• its nothing to get worked up over , like everyone said that friend is just ignorant . just ignore that text bcuz your better than that .
    teenmum11

Answer by teenmum11 at 3:38 PM on Nov. 22, 2010