When sorry just isnt enough.....

I caused a huge fight today, that I had no intensions of starting. Now hes out. I feel like emailing or writing him a letter. But I dont know if it will do any good since he is throughly pissed at me. _got mad about one of the girls he talks to, even tho I know now there is nothing going on with them)............... I dont know where to begin to fix this mess. holidays are here and my bday too. I dont want to end the year this way. I want him to seem like he wants me............................................................ advice on what to write in a letter... ?

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 2:51 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• no advcie but good luck...and hugs. hope it all works out for you
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 2:53 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• just be honest
    imuney

Answer by imuney at 2:53 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Just b honest on how u feel, b calm about it, but be honest. Honesty is always the best of all.
    Timothys_Grl

Answer by Timothys_Grl at 2:56 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Be honest,tell him u r sorry for not trusting him,or for not feeling secure enough in his love for u. Trust in a relationship is huge,got to have it.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:57 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I want him to seem like he wants me............................................................

This screams low self esteem. If you are depending on him(or any body) to make you feel better or more confident ...they can't. Only YOU can do that for you. If you want him to act like he wants you, make the first move and let him know you want him.  As for the letter. Just tell him what is in your heart.  You basically accused him of something you know isn't happening. Lots of men read that as 'crazy'  or 'psycho". Apologize, and vow not to go there again. Women sabotage their relationships like this all the time. If you want to save it, fight for it.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:58 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I say dont write dont call.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 3:04 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• You're right: sorry is not enough. In fact, in my opinion, it is never enough.

Men (humans) like to spend time with people who he feels better about himself when she's present than when he's alone. When you make his life near you miserable and his life far away from you a relief... you can see where that goes.

I would suggest that you write describing the full responsibility you are taking for your actions and describing EXACTLY how there will never, ever be any kind of repeat of that behaviour.

No one wants an apology as much as they want the future to be different from the past. Change your behaviour, and expect it to take a while for him to believe it (like a year or two). Then, even if he stays away, you'll be a much more attractive individual for anyone else to be anywhere near... and happier 'cause you don't react to things like you're living in a soap opera rather than your own real life.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:23 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• theres a lot more to this that i have left out.. its things that built up to my feeling like this, and im also pregnant.. so tht not helpling
    mommyoftristan

Comment by mommyoftristan (original poster) at 3:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• well my personal opinion is he shouldnt have gotten mad . he should be more understanding . you sould tell him how you felt and what made you do that . i dont feel he has a reason to be mad . he should reassure you that he loves you and nothings going on and you should tell him your feeling very insecure ( if you are ) . you shouldnt have to say sorry over and over again . something is going on or he feels guilty about something he has done if he got madd and made a huge fight over it . and you may be having a womans instinct of knowing your man may be cheating on you ( just a theory ; i feel you wouldnt have lashed out on him if you didnt feel he was cheating or doing something wrong ) . that is something to consider . sit down and have a serious face to face conversation with him and tell him exactly how you feel from your heart . and if he reacts understamding and like he cares and reassures you everything is okay

teenmum11

Answer by teenmum11 at 4:56 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• ( finishing my statement ) then you are okay . but if he gets mad and starts another arguement then hes guilty about something he did or something he feels .
    teenmum11