Wedding ideas

I am getting married in March. I have an almost 4 year old dd who will be the flower girl. Does anyone have any ideas to incorporate her into her wedding. My fiance is pretty much her dad, her bio father is not around much but will not sign his rights away. Anyway, I want her to feel included about this because our wedding isn't just us getting married, it's the three of us becoming a family and I want our wedding to reflect that. Also, I am planning on asking for lots of advise on here about my wedding, where would be the best place to post it?

JLS2388

Asked by JLS2388 at 2:53 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• When I got married we did not have any kids but I have custody of my little brother (he was 11 at the time) he of course was a ring barer but when we did our unity ceremony (we used sand instead of candles.) he was a part of that. We each dumped sand (everyone had a different color) into the vase, he dumped his then our moms dumped theirs. we now have a jar of different layers/colors of sand and one is his.
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 2:56 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• oh and of course we dumped ours in 1st. :) and everyone gets confused as to why I have my brother and not my mom. to clarify he is not her child he is my dads son (1/2 brother) my dad and step mom passed away.
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 2:58 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• And if you need wedding help I planned my ENTIRE wedding on my own all the way down to organizing the music. so just ask if you want. And if you want to see pictures of my wedding to see how it turned out you can find me on facebook. Search Carlie Seamons
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 2:59 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Do a non traditional ceremony for her like when its time for vows let him say some to her and let her accept his hand in marriage too!
    imuney

Answer by imuney at 3:09 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Maybe have her stand up with you and give a ring of her own. That way she would feel included and would love her own special ring just like mommy.,
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:11 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I attended a wedding that had a very similar situation to yours. During the time of the rings, the groom also placed a bracelet on the wrist of the brides daughter. I thought it was very special. After the ceremony, the three of them all walked up the aisle together.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 3:37 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• being the flower girl is a great start. be sure to get some professional pics of the three of you. you could have the cake maker make dd a little special cake. the bracelet idea is really cute. i was married in vegas... and the preacher thought my neice (flower girl) was our dd. she thought we were so mean to leave her out of the pics... then she understood...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:45 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I love the idea of adding a vom to your daughter, where the preacher says something like "do you take (child's name) to love as your daughter, to guide and support as a father from this day forward, for the rest of your life" or something similar to that, and then have him give her a ring or bracelet. It's very sweet that you want to include her and make this day about the three of you becoming a family as well as the two of you becoming husband and wife. Congratulations!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• A special gift for her to commemorate the union......like a piece of jewelry????
    GumboGirl

Answer by GumboGirl at 5:26 PM on Nov. 22, 2010