This question STILL hasn't been answered ...

Why is a government agency allowed to deprive me of due process, and perform an unreasonable search without a warrant if I don't consent to showing another voyeuristic TSA agent my naked body when I have committed NO crime? Purchasing a plane ticket doesn't automatically incriminate me, why should I be treated like a criminal? Why should my children be treated like criminals? Why should I be treated guilty until TSA proves me innocent, when the Constitution GUARANTEES that I am innocent until proven guilty in a COURT OF LAW, and by a JURY of my PEERS??????????

And don't give me that "just don't fly" crap! We already know that logic fails.

Gal51

Asked by Gal51 at 3:04 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree with you, in any other circumstance someone putting their hand between my legs is sexual assault, but with rubber gloves and a laminated badge it is a matter of national security....
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Purchasing a plane ticket is voluntary. If you go to any "high risk" secure location you will be subject to metal detectors, have your belongings searched, and in many places be subject to a pat down. Are you not aware that they did pat downs BEFORE the "enhanced pat down" and the scanners?

What it comes down to is don't travel on commercial airlines. You are not forced to travel by commercial airplane, and when you do so, you voluntarily submit to search.

In many states, by signing your drivers license you are consenting to a breathalizer or blood alcohol test. If you refuse, you don't get a jury trial, you get a license suspension.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 3:15 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Instead of getting pissy with strangers in a public forum..........why not write your congressman/women and ask them. Write the President :)
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 3:07 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• i don't think anyone here can answer that for you, but i agree that it is stupid for them to do that now...
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:08 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I say search everyone so I feel safe not only everyone but the cargo pit, the packages ect. I have no problem with them searching me. You have to be in a small place with alot of diffrent people and if something happens you could be at 30 thousand feet at the time and there wont be alot you can do at the time. If I have a problem with the tsa I wouldnt fly.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 3:08 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Gal- Maybe you should seek professional legal counsel- or post this question in another forum-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:20 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• While I find both the "enhanced pat down" and the scan largely ineffective. (Neither do cavity searches), I find them within the scope of the law.

twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 3:19 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• You are not being treated like a criminal. You are being searched for material that can injure or kill many people. Thus far, people haven't blown up a plane by NOT flying. Therefore everyone that is flying is subject to search. You have the right to NOT purchase the plane ticket and NOT be searched. The search and seizure are VOLUNTARY because you purchase the ticket VOLUNTARILY? Do you understand?

twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 3:23 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Actually twin, you are incorrect. Flying on a plane is NOT always voluntary and it isn't unusual for the flyer to not have purchased the ticket. My husband flies frequently for his military job...it isn't voluntary and he didn't buy the ticket. This is often the case for business travelers as well.

People traveling by car, boat or plane are not subjected to unreasonable searches...neither should people traveling by air.

If you have a problem with these questions there is an easy solution...simply skip them altogether.

OP...I am with you 100%.........the squeaky wheel gets the grease!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:09 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• clapping

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:05 PM on Nov. 22, 2010