Are all UPS guys like this or is mine just an A-hole? Lol

Everytime he delivers something, big or small, he leaves it at the bottom of the porch stairs, rings the doorbell, and hauls ass to his truck and leaves! It isn't that big of a deal when its a smaller package but when he does this with big HEAVY packages I get so pissed! I have to try and drag it up the stairs and into the house which is impossible anymore because I'm huge and pregnant. Does your UPS guy do this? Its probably not in their job descriptions to help you do things like this but when delivering a huge METAL swing set in a box it would be nice if he stuck around until I had a chance to open the door and ASK. obviously im home, my car is always in the driveway

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 3:08 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Mine bangs on the door REALLY loud and scares the shit out of me! They don't even give you 2 seconds to answer the door,so why knock?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:10 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• YOurs is an ahole. Mine always knocks first and if my door is unlocked he sets it inside which is a little creepy but atleast its not on the bottom of the stairs.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 3:10 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Oh no my guy is pretty nice. Once I was walking down the hill towards my home and he was pulling out of my driveway. He did not have to stop but he did and said is that your house.. Yeah since it was a package that I needed to sign for he gave it to me there. So I was happy I did not have to wait until he came back later.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 3:11 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• the ups guy here is scared of my dog so he beeps the horn and i have to come out and put my dog in the other side of the yard in the other pen so the ups man will get the package out lol the funny thing is that my dog wouldn't hurt anyone he just looks mean

josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I have had different UPS guys some will leave the package on the porch and just give a little knock on the door,others are scared of the dogs and will honk to let me know they are there so I go out and get the package.
    Ananomys

Answer by Ananomys at 3:23 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• When I was Pregnant, My UPS guy would slide boxes in the front door for me. I have a small porch too. Now he pushes it in the corner out of sight for me right by the door. He is a great guy! Maybe yours has a back problem and needs the money so he can't quit.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:41 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I don't have stairs so that isn't a prob. And, I have a dog that barks REALLY LOUD! But, if I see him as I'm getting the package, I wave and smile at him. He always waves back so he's ok.
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 3:25 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Last Christmas season, me and my UPS guy became bff's hahaha! I did a majority of my Christmas shopping online so I was having boxes delivered left and right. He'd ring my doorbell and make sure I got the box and even brought heavier boxes into the house for me. I gave him some Lindt chocolate truffles during his last delivery of Christmas boxes =)
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:30 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I know some do that. I dont think he's trying to be an ass. He probably does that to all the stops he doesn't need a signature on. They have to deliver every thing on their truck before they can go back. So the slower they are the longer it takes them to get off work...and they dont get paid more if it takes longer. I mean, really, who wants to work longer & get less (essentially)? So he hauls ass to get his boxes delivered to he can go home like the rest of us.
    Anonymous

• Actually, our UPS man is great. We have a lot of stuff delivered because I do a lot of online shopping and all of our girl scouts materials for the county are shipped here. Our UPS man will not only ring the bell and carry things to the door, he will stack them in the living room for me if we have a lot of boxes.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:51 PM on Nov. 22, 2010