Do you have something bringing you down this Thansgiving?

My hubby will not be here. We are too far away from family to be with any of them so it will be my girls and some great friends. I do not want to be down and I want to make the most of it and focus on what we are Thankful for. It is just harder when you are missing the ones that you love the most. Feel free to unload. Uplifting words would be great!

Melbornj

Asked by Melbornj at 3:10 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Holidays

• Im worried i wont have help getting everything prepared. My husband wants me to cook a big dinner for 5-10 single soldiers...that's a lot of food! and my house will need to be cleaned...he works til Thurs so he doesn't have much time to help....ugh its stressing me out.
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 3:12 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I live like 8 hours from most of my family. Its just me hubby and kids and I do miss them. So I understand. However I am not going to let it ruin my day when there is so much I am blessed with.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 3:12 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I don't get along with my family, so I won't be spending any time with them, and my DH's uncle suffered a stroke over the weekend. It's going to be difficult, but I am focusing on what I have to be thankful for~ DH, my kids, my mother in law, her family, my job, food in my refrigerator, a safe, warm roof over our heads, good health, and good friends.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 3:17 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• My MIL. Last year I hosted my first Thanksgiving with my parents, brothers, their families, and husband's parents, siblings and their families. Despite the fact that my in-laws were rude and husband let them know that, MIL has lain the guilt trip on thick because we are not hosting this year. Even if I wanted to, we couldn't because we are remodeling our living and dining rooms. Then, a couple weeks ago, when I asked what was going on for Thanksgiving, she said she didn't know she would have to check my SIL's schedule to see when we could eat. Husband and I were ticked off. SIL is 28, single, has holidays off, etc. Husband (and I) and BIL have kids jobs and need to travel to get to MIL's. SIL doesn't. We're sick of SIL getting top billing when we are the ones who have more to schedule around. Ugh.
    Sarah A.

Answer by Sarah A. at 4:53 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I am just getting down period I love the holidays but all of my dh's parents & brother are gone now and we aren't getting along with dh's daughter so we haven't seen the grandsons in long while and of course there are just toomany other things to name.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:25 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Well you mentioned your girls and great friends. This in comparison to say, having a child in the hospital, or living in a homeless shelter sounds like a very blessed day. Happy Thanks Giving!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:32 AM on Nov. 23, 2010