What am I supposed to do now...???

My husband and I have 3 young children. Due to serious financial strains, arguing, bickering...I don't know if we can last. When we get in arguments, he loses his cool in front of the kids. Screams at me. Maybe weekly, or every otehr week. Calls me a fat B-or says I'm a slut, throws things. Yet 99% of the time he is wonderful. Then he makes it sound like it's all my fault because I started it. Sometimes I did start it...through a disagreement or whatever. That doesn't warrent someone behaving like this. I get scared of him at times. The things he says is aweful. We argued yesterday morning and I had it. I told him I was leaving him. Now he is threatening already about the kids, he is saying he is keeping our child, etc...and it's making me freak out. I don't know what to do. I can't live with him. But I can't live without my child with me at all times. I don't want to put my children through this. I was divorced as a young mother already once, due to a cheating spouse..I mentally and emotionally can't handle this again...I'm only 29. I don't know how I got in this mess! How can we get through this? He refuses to go to counseling..he's too stubborn.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• your husband needs meds to control his temper
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 3:12 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• call your local domestic violence shelter they have a place for you to go. Or they can give you advice. He is throwing things and yelling it usually escalets from there. You are being verbally abused. He wont get the kids if you think he will. Keep them and yourself safe.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 3:15 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I can be your friend. I am in some what of the same boat and I have no income and three kids and family is not much help. So I stay. He does other things like yelling when things do not go right, make the girls skip meals if do not eat. I stay cause for now that is all I can do to help my kids. If you love him stay, If can not handle it then leave. But sometimes just friends. I have no one around here but some very nice friends I have found on here to help me out as a stress reliver. I will friend invite if want a friend and i am on about every day and if mail me I will email back.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:16 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I appreciate the offers to friend invite. I cannot tell anyone this stuff because of embarrassment.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:30 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Stop being embrassed...there is not to be shame about. You are not the only woman that goes therough stuff like that but you be a woman that demands respect. Keep your head up!
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 4:56 PM on Nov. 22, 2010