Looking for other moms of ADHD kids?

If there are any moms I would love to chat with you about day to day challenges of ADD/ADHD kids. Really need someone to talk to that can relate.

sdADDmom

Asked by sdADDmom at 8:21 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• Hello,
    My 10 year old daughter was recently diagnosed with ADD. I am having trouble understanding all the affects this has on her. She also has Absence Mall Seizures (form of epilepsy). The doctor says ADD goes hand in hand with it. I'm not sure how to help or deal with it. Her seizures has been almost nonexsistent since she has been on Lamictol for almost 3 years. The ADD is really affecting her schoolwork and I am really concerned about this. Any suggestions would be of grea use. Thank You.
    busyasabee

Answer by busyasabee at 8:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I don't know if this will help but I have ADHD...I've had it my whole life for the most part and so does my brother...I'm 20 and a new mom. The challenges of raising a baby and having ADHD can be difficult but we manage...not to mention my little is already a little fireball.....
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 8:47 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• lol...didn't finish if you have any question maybe I can help you since I live with it day to day
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 8:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Both of my older two children have ADHD and my son also has ODD. If there's anything I can do, please feel free to send me a message. Hope to hear from you soon.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 9:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• i dont have a child with adhd but i had it as a child and it was difficult for me to deal with. if you would like to talk email me.
    hunters_mom820

Answer by hunters_mom820 at 9:49 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• THANK YOU to all who have responded and I hope to get you all emailed in the coming days. I have lots of questions
    sdADDmom

Answer by sdADDmom at 9:52 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I have a 10 year old son with adha and trust me the days and even nights can get interesting. so if you have any questions just let me know I will try to answer them.
    misspierced

Answer by misspierced at 2:18 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• my 10 year old son has add/adhd plus seizures, as do i, so i know what you both are going through and its not easy. i have some tips and some suggestions for you. i 'll email them to you. thank you for sharing you question. helps knowing there are others out there that understand.
    parentaljustice

Answer by parentaljustice at 12:54 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My son is 12 and has had adhd for 6 years . the problems we have are organization and he is a slob.mouthy some is because of adhd some is being an almost teenager.
    Bambi102876

Answer by Bambi102876 at 11:38 AM on Nov. 10, 2008