Early potty training?

I just wonder the earliest anyone has gotten their child potty trained and when is too early to start. My dd just turned one and I know that it is a long way away but I just wonder about it because every night before her bath I have been sitting her on the potty just to see what she does and she always goes. She always comes in and watches me go potty so I think she kind of gets the idea. She isn't even walking yet so I know she wont be going by herself for a long time but is it bad to put her on it this early? I don't want to push the issue just get her used to it. She has even pooped on the potty twice now.

xredstarsx

Asked by xredstarsx at 3:22 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I bought a potty chair when my son was a year old because he was always pooping in the bathtub. He really doesn't show any interest in it, other than to play with it.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 3:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Why is it a long way away? My first started around 15 months because he wanted to. Granted I didn't trust going out in public until around 20 months, but at home he did great.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:48 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I tried potty training mine a couple time before she was ready... tried around 15 months with a potty seat... she really had no interest other than to play with it also... then tried a few months later, still no interest... about 2 months ago I bought her an actual seat that goes on the toilet and she is 2 years old and completely potty trained... she still has accidents every now and then but she tells me when she has to go and everything!
    devnsmom08

Answer by devnsmom08 at 4:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2010