Mom's who have WIC...

when your in line at the grocery store and it takes the cashier awhile to ring your stuff up and put in the info from your WIC check.....do you feel like the people behind you are glaring at you?

TiffanieAnn

Asked by TiffanieAnn at 3:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sometimes. That's why I got to the 24 hr store later at night like 11 pm so there is hardly anybody in the store.
    Anonymous

• Yes, thats why I go 1st thing in the morning when the store 1st opens.
    Anonymous

• ALL the time :/ I often look back and say sorry lol... I try to have it all sectioned by check so it can go faster....Some cashiers are REALLY fast at it...I love those people...I HATE when something is on my list and they say i cant have it and make me go back and get something different :/ IT IS ON THE LIIIIIIIIST lol...
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 3:26 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• NO AT FIRST I DID UNTIL I REALIZED I WANTS THE ONLY PERSON IFS FUNNY HOW YOU NEVER NOTICE THINGS UNTIL IT AFFECTS YOU EVERYONE NEEDS HELP BUT THERE IS ALWAYS ONE SMART CASHIER THAT DOES SOMETHING THAT MAKES YOU FEEL LIKE YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED
    chanchan522

Answer by chanchan522 at 3:26 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Yah..but oh well..lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:27 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I say, if they are who gives a rip? At least you are trying to get some healthy, wholesome food for your family. I use the self checkout at my store, so nobody even knows how I'm paying.. I think that's really helps with my self image.
    Girlsabadfish

Answer by Girlsabadfish at 3:28 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Yeah. I think it's funny because when I clearly have a lot of baby food, I mean jars and jars people will still get behind me even though it's clear that there other lines open.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 3:29 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I used to..yes. Some people can be downright rude. But they just want to get out of the store themselves. If they are mad it is their problem. Lots of people are very supportive of it too. Just do your best to block it out and forget about it when you get out of the store. Be thankful for all the food you have for your family. It is a HUGE help.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 3:29 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• The last time I had WIC was before my youngest was born. In Michigan they have a WIC debit card that you just swipe and go. I wish more places could have that option so mom's and mom's to be wouldn't have to feel uncomfortable using their services.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:40 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• yes, im in michigan and we have the wic card- and i goto kroger usually to get my wic so they now can just run all the groceries through without seperating it. it seperates itself. i love it. and if ppl stare-or glare, i usually dont give a crap. if they dont like it or think im taking forever, then they can goto the other lanes if theyre in a hurry. =)
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 6:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2010