If you had an STD and were not in a commited relationship.. Would you tell the people you have sex with that you had it or not? Would you have sex with anyone at all? adult content

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 3:29 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Health

• I wouldn't be having sex with anyone if I had an STD. Even if I had no morals, having sex while harboring an STD would gross me out. What a turn off!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:08 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• It is socially irresponsible not to. Not to mention unethical... man, I'm glad I don't have to deal with this!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:30 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Yes you would have to tell people. It is your responsibility to do so...

christinato

Answer by christinato at 3:32 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I, personally, would abstain. But then again, I was kind of a prudish single girl... you know, when you're married, all bets are off!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:32 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I can't see myself in this position... Not a fan of random sex( or sex w/o committed relationship)... Never have been.. Sure as hell wouldn't start now. Funny thing about self confidence~ I care about my body enough to take care of it.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:41 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I would tell, and yes STD does not necessarily mean a life of abstinence.

Answer by older at 3:30 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• here the Health dept does it because many don't inform their partners. They come right to your house with a paper for you to fill out with the name(s)

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:35 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I wouldn't have sex until it was taken care of. If its one that can't be gotten rid of I think you have to tell your partner.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 3:42 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Tell other partners about your STD or don't have sex. It's so wrong to pass it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:35 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• What kind of STD? Herpes? Most of the other ones you can get medication for. If I had herpes or AIDS, I wouldnt be having random sex. Kind of irresponsible to be spreading stuff around. If I met someone & developed a relationship of course I would let them know & then we could decide together what to do...or not do.
    Anonymous