What's the big deal?

I have noticed that a lot of people on here do not like us that are ananomys on CM like I am.Why is that,why does that matter so much to you.If we are answering your questions and stuff why make such a issue about it.I am just curious.

Ananomys

Asked by Ananomys at 3:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I think it's pretty obvious which anons are using the system to be *itches and trolls vs those that are legit and just don't want their screen name and info plastered all over the internet. Some people just HAVE to have something to gripe about in order to be "happy".
    Anonymous

• I think it just that a lot of time people who answerer anonymous they do it in a harsh way. And why cant you ( not you specifically) just stand behind what you say with your name? If you wanna be harsh or rude and have to hide your face that just shows what kind of perosn you are.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 3:40 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• You aren't really ANONYMOUS......

SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:37 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Some who post as anonymous tend to troll.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 3:38 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• i do not use the anon option much
    but this computer sucks and some days i can not ask question at all except anon, because the boxes are gone!!
    (happens on other site too-just a crappy computer)

anyway, when i have asked question anon, i get more nasty comments, funny!!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:41 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• When people are assessing a comment, advice or a question even, if they're interested they seek out further information or interests of the person writing. Which can't be done with anonymous posts because they don't link back to other things that individual wrote, or anything about them.

It's not that we all want to know your name, address and SIN... it's that you build credibility in a community over time, and avoiding that to stay 'safe' is silly when all you need to do to get that is to use a screen name.

It has also been noted that people give very different information and advice when they know their face is showing than when they're pretty sure they can't be traced. Anonymous posts tend not so much to be private as obnoxious --and since there isn't anything anyone can do to call the person to task for that, it's seen as antisocial.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:42 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Okay,more to add to my question.I don't use the anon. option, my user name is ananomys.So what does that make me???? :c)
    Ananomys

Comment by Ananomys (original poster) at 3:48 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• A bad speller?
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:12 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I know,I am getting to be so horrible in spelling and that was what I use to be the best at in school : (
    Ananomys

Comment by Ananomys (original poster) at 7:14 PM on Nov. 23, 2010