At what age did you night time potty train your child!

my daughter is 2 years old and she is now officially day time potty trained, she lets me no when she gotta go pee or poopie; and has not had any accidents in a week. But i am not sure when to try to night time potty train her! So i am asking you ladies when did you night time potty train your child/children?

mommylisar

Asked by mommylisar at 3:42 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• I waited until my kids could go all night without wetting the bed. It was around 2.5 for each of them.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:43 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Once their kidneys start to concentrate urine overnight, they're dry without any training. Until then, life's simpler if you just use diapers. I was always way too lazy to wash sheets...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:51 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• my oldest I started potty training at 18 months old and she was day trained at 19 months. I never new how to go about night time training though. So she wore diapers to bed until she was 3 then she was doing really good about not wetting the bed and then at about 4 she started doing it again. She is 5.5 now and sometimes still pees the bed. My youngest I started potty training at 13 months old, but that was because she was waking up with a dry diaper since 12 months old. She has been fully potty trained since 21 months old. She was almost trained at 16 months old, but she got sick so we had to stop until she got better (she cought rotavirus).
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:51 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• When children stay dry at night varies all over the place. I know children who were dry early and others who were 8 or older.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:05 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Mine is two also and she is potty trained for day and night, after about a month of her being daytime trained I started not letting her drink after a certain time and made her potty before she would fall asleep and just one time she has had only one accident since...
    devnsmom08

Answer by devnsmom08 at 4:32 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I've never heard of "night time training".  They either stay dry at night or they don't.  It's more about biology.  My oldest was staying dry at night before she turned 2, a full year before she was day trained.  My next 2 kids are bed wetters.  They are 9 and 8 and still wear pull-ups at night (the 9yo only wets occasionally but the 8yo soaks her pull=ups every night).  My youngest dd was day trained at 2 1/2 and a week later no longer needed a diaper at night either.

When they are ready to stay dry at night they will.  And it's normal for kids to wet the bed until they are 8 or 9.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:46 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Started potty training around a year and fully potty trained day/night a few months before she turned 2. My baby has always been good about holding it and not wetting herself or the bed but she always holds it too often so we had to start making her try and go every hour on the hour. Complete opposite problem then what most parents face lol.
    RhiannaSanchez

Answer by RhiannaSanchez at 5:44 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• they were done by one week after their 3rd b-day
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:33 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I let night-training happen on its own. Night-training is physiological.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 8:01 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• night training is more about when their bodies are ready. But maybe in a couple of months -- take a look at the diaper is it ever dry, do you kinda have an idea of when she will go... it will involve waking her up and walking her to the bathroom... honestly thinking about it I'd wait until after shes 2+ but the other part people mention is cutting liquids 2 hours before bed time (1 1/2 is too young still for that too IMO)

My son was night trained b/f 1, my dd is 5.5. and still wets the bed... and yup I did all of the above. Didn't work for HER, doesn't mean it won't for others... but for night time... bladder maturity has a lot to do with it. That and their ability and YOUR comfort with them getting out of bed and going to the bathroom in the middle of the night.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 8:19 PM on Nov. 22, 2010