whipped Cream

How do you make homemade whipped cream?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• With a whisk or a shaker or an electric mixer (with whisks)...

For about 3c of whipped cream, use 1 cup of heavy cream (33-40% butterfat). Whip until it is the texture you'd like, but not for too long or you'll accidentally make butter --which is nice, but hardly the same thing. If you want it sweetened, add up to a teaspoon of sugar per cup, and you can add a little luscious flavour by adding 1/2 to 1 tsp of vanilla extract (real, please, the fake stuff has a creepy aftertaste).

You can also flavour it with your fave liqueur: gran marnier, bailey's, kahlua, creme du cacao, or whatever. Even rum or brandy is nice.

If you chill the cream, the beaters and the bowl, you'll get fluffier whip that lasts longer. You can also buy whipped cream stabilizer, although I notice that a lot commercial dairies are now adding those without asking. I buy organic cream because I don't want stabilizers in my cream of mushroom soup.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:47 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Take Heavy cream, a little sugar (I use powdered) and whip until soft peaks form. You can also add flavors - vanilla extract, orange zest etc. I find it helps to chill the bowl and beaters first.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 3:49 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I know I have made it before but it has been a long time. I went to cooks.com and found this recipe.

HOMEMADE WHIPPED CREAM

Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1613,151190-250197,00.html
    Content Copyright © 2010 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.

1/2 pt. whipping cream
    3 tbsp. sugar
    1 tsp. vanilla

Whip cream with mixer. Be careful not to overbeat or else will get too thick like butter. When it begins to thicken, add sugar and vanilla; stir. Refrigerate.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 3:49 PM on Nov. 22, 2010