(vent) Who's never going to sell their kid's used clothes to Once Upon a Child again?

Me! ME!! I knew they would be picky, that's why I only took in nice clothes. That's why I made sure only clothes that had no worn spots, no stains, and only NICE clothes made the pile. I took in a lot of clothes. They hardly took any. Most they didn't even look at. I took in several pair of school uniform pants, hardly worn. Did she take them? No. Even said they were worn. 1. She didn't look at them. 2. They were still stiff, almost new still. 3. I bought some uniform pants there that were, you guessed it, worn!
I'm annoyed. I'll shop there, but not sell.
I'll just sell at the post thrift store I guess.
Did your experience go better?

Raine2001

Asked by Raine2001 at 3:46 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• all resale shops are like that, I never go in expecting to sell everything to them
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• They buy what they can sell. Its not personal. They have to move inventory so they buy what they can get rid of quickly. Not just what looks "good".
    Anonymous

• My experience did go better but I will never sell again and yes I will still buy. I sold them 7 items and they gave me $10. That is like $1 per item and that was the only time. Never again.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 3:51 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• There are lots of other consignment type stores. I asked why and they usually explained it to me. I just get my stuff back and sell it in a rummage sale.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 3:52 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• i hate that place!! its so over priced and they are just rude! at least around here they are! we have this thing called here we grow again sales and they are amazing! u price and tag all ur clothes and 2 times a year they have this HUGE sale! its great! i sell every year and we make about $100 or more each time!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:53 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• No, I understand that! But, the thing with the uniform pants, I don't get it. She didn't look at them, but said they were worn. Most schools here are in uniforms! And to say anything about any of my things being worn when I've seen things there much more worn, IDK, just annoyed me. It wasn't that I took it personal, not at all. I feel like I was being dicked around, and that I didn't like. But there was no point in arguing, so I just figured I'd sell them some place else, and left. Uggg, and I was starving. It was after 1:30 and 2 pieces of cinnamon toast at 8am did not last long enough for that.
    Raine2001

Comment by Raine2001 (original poster) at 4:00 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I had the same problem with them. I haven't been back since (not even ot buy). They are over priced and VERY rude. I take my things to another store about 30 mins away. About 3 weeks ago a new one opened up in my town and once I have a small box put together I'm going to take it to them and see how that works out. They are only 10 mins from me :) I called her and she doens't need them to be on hangers or complete sets (that's how our once upon a child is) and brand does NOT matter.
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 4:04 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I'm not excusing them but around here most consignment shops won't take school uniforms after October until July. They are very picky about seasonal stuff. I guess they figure most kids don't outgrow uniforms midyear.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:07 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• LMAO!!!! Yeah, right! I wish MY kids didn't grow right after I bought them their school uniforms! Ah, well.
    Raine2001

Comment by Raine2001 (original poster) at 4:13 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Yeah after my experience there, I don't take anything there to sell either. And the clothes I took in, were a lot better than their inventory. Most of the clothes I see on their racks look like they come from 2-3 decades ago, rather than 2-3 years ago. I'm not impressed. They did ask if I wanted to give any clothes to donate, but I told them no. If I want to donate them, I'll take them to the Salvation Army or to Goodwill.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 4:40 PM on Nov. 22, 2010