Baby#2 (complicated!!)

I was pregnant a year ago with a baby girl, but had her at 23 weeks. She didn't make it outta the nicu...I am now pregnant with another baby girl, I'm almost 38 weeks (yay!) but wondering...since I didn't go to full term with my 1st baby girl, does that mean my body will act like a body of a woman whose never had a child before (i had a vaginal delivery btw) because I know they say 1st baby they take a longer time to come out, and other "first baby" things have been said.

So since i DID have a vaginal delivery, does that make my body already aware of how to deliver a baby? Or will it be as if this baby is my 1st??

MissesRoyalty

Asked by MissesRoyalty at 3:55 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I see what you're asking here. In one sense I think it would be a bit more like a 2nd child in that things may progress a little faster, and I think with your first a lot of time is also spent with the mother learning how to push and you probably already know how. But since your first baby was so tiny your muscles and all mabye aren't as stretched as some 2nd time mothers. In other words, you hear of 2nd babies who come crazy fast (like in the car) and I doubt you'll be in that boat, but I wouldn't dilly dally around at home until your contractions are a minute apart either, or you might end up having a baby in the car. I think all deliveries are a unique experience and just when you start thinking you know what to expect is when life is guaranteed to throw you a curve ball. Most importantly, congratulations to you and best of luck with your delivery. :)
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 5:07 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• your body will always know how to deliver a baby, it is what your body is made for
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:57 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Your body knew how to even before you had your 1st.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:56 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Giving birth is giving birth, no matter how far along you were.
    Anonymous

• The "girl parts" we have are very stretchy and can accomodate even a 10 pound baby through the birth canal...u will be fine and remember that our bodies are amazing and your body already knew what to do b4 u had your 1st princess:))
    TiffanieAnn

Answer by TiffanieAnn at 4:43 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• well yes i know the body knows and all, but i know the body is less strained the second/third/fourth time around because it's much more flexible and stuff like that. was wondering if my body had a chance to really go through that though since my babygirl back in january weighed almost a pound, which is like nothing compared to the 5-10 pound babies for the body i would imagine.
    MissesRoyalty

Comment by MissesRoyalty (original poster) at 4:04 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• thanks mary, yeah i was having a hard time explaining what my question was....cuz even i was confused a little how to word it lol....but loved your answer, it makes sense. i'll make sure to not be dilly dallying =D hehe im so ready for her to be here i doubt thatll happen =) and thanks!! =))
    MissesRoyalty

Comment by MissesRoyalty (original poster) at 5:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2010