What do you do for your husband to make things more romantic?

DH and I got into a rut and I want to do things that are romantic and need ideas.

justme581

Asked by justme581 at 3:56 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I leave him random message notes in his car, his brief case and anywhere he does not expect one telling him of what to expect when he comes home and we have time for us. Anticipation is a great way to fire up that romance...

Answer by older at 3:59 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• What is your husband's idea of romance?

I have found over the years, that understanding/knowing what types of things my husbabd finds romantic and doing those things (or things along those lines) are by far the most appreciated, because he actually "get" what's going on and the intent behind the actions.

In the past. I would do things that **I** felt were romantic. Then I would get hurt, and feel unappreciated when he didn't "get" what I was doing, or what my intentions were. It was simple miscommunication and hurt feelings happened when they could have been prevented. Once I changed my way of thinking, and started doing things **he** found romantic instead, things just kept getting better and better (in this area) over the years. Now we are both constantly doing "romantic" things for one another, because we actually See the intentions behind each others actions more often.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:02 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• We leave notes for each other. Sometimes it's on sticky notes all over the house, sometimes, it full length letters. We even post cute little messages to each other on FB. We have been told that we have made people cry on FB with out notes to each other. *shrug*

If one of us had an out of town trip, notes would be left in places we'd find them. Tucked in shirts, books, bags, anywhere.

As pixie said, find out what he considers "romantic" and go from there.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 4:20 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Ask him what he wants and tell him you want to do something for HIM. We were recently in a HORRIBLE rut. I freaked him (and me out) and bought a thong. (I am SO NOT a thong kinda girl) - it got his attention - which got him to ask me WHAT in the world made me do that........it got the conversation started, we both told the other things that we would like to work on in our intimate relationship. We've been busy and its been INCREDIBLE. Good luck....
    GumboGirl

Answer by GumboGirl at 5:21 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• we were in a rut, with bills piling up I decided to take 40 bucks and go out dancing with him and then end the night with a bang :P
    sometimes you have to do what is best for the marriage no matter what.

When my husband is working I drive out to his truck, leave a note for "a good time" and he comes home in a better mood then I make his favorite dinner, mood is even better, then find someplace for the kids to go to and stay for a couple of hours and leave him smiling before the kids return
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:30 PM on Nov. 23, 2010