Constipation question #2 [need advice and help!]

Okay, so I posted a constipation question the other day about my toddler but now I'm out of options, or so that's how I feel.

My toddler is dealing with some major constipation, he stands and crosses his legs, strains to go potty and pukes all over the place from straining so hard. I've gotten to where me and my mom or my boyfriend have held my son on his potty chair to get him to go potty easier and when he does he cries so bad, and the poops he ends up taking are almost teen/adult sizes. He's not even two yet! I have tried baby lax, baby foods with prunes, prune juice, almond milk and changing his diet completely and its like nothing works.

Any advice?

AmberLeTTeBxtcH

Asked by AmberLeTTeBxtcH at 4:04 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He could have a medical condition that's causing this and it might be a good thing to get a referral from his pediatrician and take him to a specialist.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:16 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• You really need to take him to the doctor. They have medications that can help him. This isn't normal and if what you're doing isn't working, he needs to go in. This could indicate other problems, so you could just be trying to treat a symptom, instead of the illness. Let his dr check him out.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 4:41 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• i used to do " I Love U" 's on his belly... starting on his left side by where his large intestine is... write I then and upside down L then go from bottom of right side and make an upside down U following the large intestine :) you can find helpful videos on youtube, its called the I love you baby tummy massage. And for sure talk to your doctor and watch iron intake as well as still using prune juice
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 2:28 AM on Nov. 23, 2010