how do you survive your corporate culture at work, and in social circles?

Often work life and social life overlap. People love to share in office chatter and what opinions they have about co-workers. In a small town, this can be a small environment where everything overlaps. It can get uncomfortable when all eyes are on you, and you didn't do anything but your job description.
Personal accounts are appreciated.

artC1s

Asked by artC1s at 4:12 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• My DH is an executive, some of the people that work for him are personal friends of ours. He has had to fire people that we have had over for dinner - talk about uncomfortable! The bottom line is that you have a job to do, and personal feelings don't enter into it. When we socialize, we don't talk about my DH's work. When DH is at work, he doesn't talk about socializing. It works well for us. We have lost a few "friends" along the way, but I'm of the opinion that they weren't friends to begin with.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:32 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• IDK, I have worked with the same 8 people for 5 years, there is little line between personal and professional here
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:16 PM on Nov. 22, 2010