Why doesn't she remember me nursing her?

I have a 22 month old daughter. When she was 7 months, I got pregnant again so I stopped nursing her cold turkey because I didn't want to interfere with the pregnancy. I know now I could have done both, but didn't then.

Anyways, the new baby is 5 months now and I still nurse her. When she was born, big sister was only 17 months so I tried to put her on the breast as well. Obviously since she is so used to the sippy cup she didn't take to it, literally and figuratively. I'm curious as to why. I'm saddened that she doesn't remember. Even now, when she sees the baby latching on and loving it, I offer it to her and she still doesn't want it. If I had continued to nurse, I would have been doing them both right now.

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 4:12 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it had been over a year and she had moved on developmentally
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:15 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Usually they do not revert back to breastfeeding with such a break in between. And truly they have hardly memory at such a young age. I am not surprised in the least. If it was important you could have nursed while being pregnant but since you didn't it makes sense that she does not remember.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:13 PM on Nov. 22, 2010