What kind of Bottles are the best? ( thinking of Dr.Brown, have you tried these?)

I was considering Dr.Brown and Soothie... just wonderin what you guys are going to use or what you recommend with past experience?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 8:31 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Dr. Brown for sure!! All the women in my family use them!!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 8:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I personally used playtex drop-ins with all 3 of mine, they are SO easy to clean, throw the bag away, and just run them through hot water, so much easier than having to worry about makin sure i didn't leave any gunk on the bottom. And sterilizing them. uggh. And the nipples are wider so less gas. The bags decompress so that the baby gets less air, since you squeeze the air out of them.
    3boys2luv

Answer by 3boys2luv at 8:37 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• 3boys- I tried that with my first and he WOULD NOT suck out of them... ugh, big waste of money. I thought it would be nice... so now I would hate to spend the money again and for them to go to waste again. :o(
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Dr Browns are by far the best. I forgot to attach the straw once and I couldnt beleive how much air my dd was getting! They are a pain to wash but are worth the money! :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• i bought the walmart brand bottles
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 9:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I like the Dr. Brown bottles but there's soooo many pieces to them! It gets kind of annoying washing them all and putting them back together. I really prefer Playtex bottles the best~
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 9:11 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Are you trying the brown rubber nipples? if so, then try the clear silicone ones. My oldest wouldn't drink with the brown rubber ones but he did with the clear silicone ones. So I just used the clear ones. Just my experience though. Good luck with whatever you choose.
    3boys2luv

Answer by 3boys2luv at 9:22 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I liked the avent ones because the nipples are shaped more like your own. My son was breast fed, so while I was at school my mom used the pumped milk in those bottles and those are the ones that worked the best. Comfy, no gas, happy baby.
    scaruso08

Answer by scaruso08 at 9:42 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• 3boys- I was trying the brown ones... maybe that was the problem!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:45 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I bought Breastflow and they're working great! Ironically, though, two Soothies came with my sanitizer, and we tried one of those when my son was resistant to the Breastflow in the beginning. He ate like a champ! Now, we primarily use Breastflow, but sometimes use the Soothie as well. They're actually the same bottle, just with different nipples, so we've even switched at times when he was being picky!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 10:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2008