I'm so frustrated with my cameras! Can anyone recommend a digital one that's not too expensive?

I've brought Cannon, Sony, Panasonic and more. Seems like a new one each year. I don't really like the tiny ones because you have to use their special batteries. Even though they are charged ahead, I always run out of battery time on holidays. So I switched to a digital that uses AA batteries. They were both Canon and Sony. More convenient battery wise.

My problem is that I don't always feel that the pictures are clear and the cameras definitely aren't fast enough! With kids and pets (even though I use the kids and pets setting) the moment is always gone beofore the camera clicks! I had the same problem with the cameras that used the other type of battery.

Any suggestions on a camera that you love?

AlisonAstair

Asked by AlisonAstair at 4:29 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Shopping

• i LOVE my nikkon coolpix...i worked at radioshack and had the chance to test out all kinds of different cameras and the nikkons ALWAYS too the best pics. they offer a good selection of settings and features and i've never had a problem missing an action shot. while nikkon does have some cameras that take AA batteries, i think the coolpix line are all slim ones with special batteries. i can take hundreds of pics and alot of video on a single charge though.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 4:37 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I've found that Nikon's are the best digital camera's (this is my opinion though). I also have a Sony, and mine has a rechargeable battery with over 4 hours of battery life which I make sure is charged ahead of time before holidays/vacations/get togethers. I mean, if batteries are your problem because you're not charging them, then that's mainly your fault, not the camera's. Both Nikon and Sony have good picture quality.

Read reviews and try the display models in the store, because camera's are like underwear, everyone has their preference or thinks one is better than the other.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:38 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Thank you so much! The camera that I had before with that special battery always ran out. But the hundreds of pictures is a great recommendation!
    AlisonAstair

Comment by AlisonAstair (original poster) at 4:39 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Fujifilm Finepix s1000 fd. It's 10 mp and 12x's zoom. It's a fast camera, easy to use, and takes decent video.
    You have to remember that there are settings to every camera, even the more point and shoot cameras. You have to adjust the settings to your needs before you can get the kind of pictures that you need. Buying camera after camera isn't going to solve your problem. The Finepix camera has manual and automatic settings. The manual settings create a more custome photograph for your lighting needs. As well as for your needs with catching that great shot of the kids/pets. Remember that no camera is going to be lightening speed. There is always going to be a delay on the shutter to take the picture. This is due to the mechanics of the digital camera, as it has to process and store within seconds. The Fujifilm is a quick shot and takes nice photographs.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:35 PM on Nov. 22, 2010