North Carolina....

had an upset when Kay Hagan (d) won the Senate seat over Elizabeth Dole. If you know about it, do you think Elizabeth Dole's mudslinging "Godless Americans" ad against Hagan hurt her campaign? It sure did in my eyes! It gave me a big push towards Hagan!

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 8:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I so agree with you guys. That commercial was EVIL, I couldn't believe what was coming on my TV when it aired.

She robocalled our house like ten times in the past week, and I heard her ads all over the radio today. I was like jeez...I have to live near this woman? My boyfriend works in her hometown (Salisbury) and we go there a lot. She may be a nice woman or whatever, but her politics and her tactics scared me : /

I voted for Hagan, lol.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:21 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• She blew it. America is over the negativity in politics.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 8:39 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• that commercial was completely disgusting.
    i don't live in nc but i live pretty close(i'm in horry county, sc) and our local news covered that story pretty heavily.
    hagan's family has been at the same presbyterian church for around 100 years! dole's claims were completely unfounded and totally out of line.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 8:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I agree heatherama. Even if they had been true, it would have been out of line.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 8:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• our local paper reported that dole actually hired an impersonator to mimic hagan's voice.
    there were also a lot of issues with dole not spending enough time in NC.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 9:04 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Yeah, we got a lot of those "robocalls" (is that what they are?) from the Dole campaign, saying that Kay Hagin is or was a member of a Whites only golf club, or something like that, and a bunch of other mudslinging. I just hung up the phone.
    dorky_goddess

Answer by dorky_goddess at 9:07 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• go Hagan!!! bye bye Dole!!! *doing a happy dance* and I don't even live in NC anymore!
    Anonymous

• Yeah, the issue of Dole only being in NC 13 days out of the year last year came up several times, too. That's crazy!
    dorky_goddess

Answer by dorky_goddess at 10:11 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• She definetly blew it for herself with that commercial. I remember the first time I saw it, I thought to myself, "she just did herself in!"

YAY KAY!!!!!
    Anonymous