Training wheels?

At what age did your child start riding a bike with no training wheels? My 3 yr. old learned about 2 weeks ago, no help... just got on it and took off. Anyone have similar stories? I thought 3 was a little young, but a good thing i suppose. :)

BriTony08

Asked by BriTony08 at 5:13 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Its crazy, my neighboor is 5 and hes been riding his bike for a few years... but my BIL now 10 finally started riding ewithout training wheels (I blame this on my MIL though) :) CONGRATS!!! Thats awesome
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 5:15 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I learned when I was 3. However my five year old has still not mastered riding without training wheels. Some of which can be attributed to the fact that we can't get out much during the year so she does not have much time to practice. I think we only made it 4 or 5 times this summer.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:16 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• That is awesome. My son picked it up very quickly too. My daughter is not interested in learning at all. The is very happy riding on the back of Daddy's bike.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 5:29 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• My son is 3 and he just recently figured out how to ride *with* training wheels.

I was able to ride without training wheels by the time I was 4, but that was probably because I had 3 older siblings.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 8:05 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Wow good for him and you!!!!My 4 year old shocked me sooo bad when she started riding hers just a couple of weeks ago
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 10:19 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• some are quick, some aren't. my oldest is 3 and is still nervous without the wheels on, but she's had some balance issues since her 4 hip surgeries... and is still a bit fragile to fall... maybe this next summer.
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:49 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• That's great!
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 4:13 PM on Nov. 26, 2010