I am 8 mos along and feeling alot of pressure and tightness in my stomach is this normal

firstmom2

Asked by firstmom2 at 1:11 PM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• is it painful? May just be braxton hicks contraction, if it stops or slows with a little walk, then you're fine and it's normal, but if you get uncomfortable and it's getting pain ful and coming in regular intervals, you need to go to L&D as it may be preterm labor.
    misty1_sd

Answer by misty1_sd at 1:18 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Braxton Hicks contractions - BabyCenter
    How to recognize these painless uterine contractions that happen throughout pregnancy.
    www.babycenter.com/0_braxton-hicks-contractions_156.bc
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:26 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I'm 8 months prego too and having the same thing. I was in L&D last night and they told me it could be the heat/stress/dehydration. It also could be a bladder infection. I'd talk to your doctor and see what they recomend. But time them and if they come at least ever 5 minutes for an hour I'd play it safe and go into L&D
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 3:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• The tightness and pressure is continuous, maybe it is baby taking up room right now been going on since Friday, uncomfortable feeling is what it is
    firstmom2

Answer by firstmom2 at 8:58 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• To be safe, talk to your doctor. I don't know if this is exactly what you're feeling, but when I was 32 weeks, my uterus starting getting hard for anywhere from half an hour to an hour at a time. Very uncomfortable. I ended up being diagnosed with irritable uterus, which can sometimes cause preterm labor. I went on partial bed rest for five weeks. Basically, I had to sit or lie down whenever possible. If I felt my uterus tightening, I would lie down on my left side and drink water, which seemed to help. Ironically, I ended up having my daughter a week late.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 2:38 AM on Jul. 8, 2008