Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

how do i stop an x from bugging me for a second chance adult content

hes immature and has attemped to kill himself three times and i've tried to tell him nicely that i've moved on and married a man i love.i don't want him to try and accually kill himself cuz i was to hurtful.i would feel like it was my fault and my daughter would lose her real dad what do i do?

Answer Question

Asked by hamandeggs at 5:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Relationships

Level 4 (44 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • I would ask your hubby to step in and talk to him without any violence.

    Answer by older at 5:26 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

  • You could call rescue crisis & let them know he is suicidal. He needs professional help. At this point the only thing he wants to hear is that you will take him back. It wont matter what you say to ease his pain. He has to get help from the experts.

    Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:29 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

  • It's a bit of a stretch to suggest that what someone else chooses to do, freely and of their own volition, is in any way your fault. So, you can stop that thought right there: you do not have that kind of power.

    For evidence: exactly how good are you at not thinking about something that bothers you? Yeah... didn't think so.

    Suicide, for those who don't know, is an act of total fury --not sadness. Sad people cry and seek out comfort from others. Angry people seek to injure others --like telling you that if you don't something or other whatever he wants, he'll kill himself.

    Let him. It's his life and if he feels it is truly too awful to live, it's certainly in no way a kindness to torture him by making him live through it. What cruelty that would be. Like you could make him... Free him, to whatever he chooses to do. Nod mildly and change the subject.

    Someday, it may turn out to be the reason he chose life.

    Answer by LindaClement at 5:32 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

  • I dated a guy like that in high school. I had to be really harsh to get him to understand I didn't want him around. He is still alive, and has married someone else (finally). You CANNOT be nice about this, or he will think he has a hope. Have you tried changing your number, and deleting his e-mails? Block him on Facebook, just totally cut him off. That's all you can do. Or is this guy the father of your child? Then you need to tell him (very firmly) that any communication between the two of you can only be about your child. Period. Other than that, you are not his friend, and there is NO HOPE of you two getting back together.

    Answer by musicpisces at 5:37 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

  • Tell him again for the hundreth time and block all means of communication. I agree with PP that you should have your husband step in. Id also talk to a local police dept and let them know whats going on. They may be able to help. This guy may have a track record that your entitled to know about

    Answer by Steph319 at 5:46 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

  • Tell him to stop, that it's never going to happen and to find someone who is right for him. Tell him you want him to be happy and he can never be happy until he finds the right woman but you are not that woman. Be firm but not cruel.

    Answer by admckenzie at 6:05 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

  • why do you have to have ANY contact with him at all
    you are married, you have moved on PERIOD
    do not answer the phone when he calls
    do not open any email from him-of course this means you will not be answering any of his
    texts from him, delete wihtout reading
    letters, mark them return to sender
    knocks on door, do not answer
    and if he comes to house, go into the police station and talk to police abouthis behavoir
    he needs help, but this help should not come from a married old girlfriend

    cut the aprom strings

    Answer by fiatpax at 6:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

  • People who "attempt" suicide when they don't get their way, do it for manipulation purposes. You have to move on with your life, and leave it at that. If he's dumb enough to kill himself over that, its not your fault.

    Answer by hobbitswife04 at 9:19 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

  • i would go straight to the cops and report him he has threat your life and change your phone number quik and move on he only bring you down and you have new life with your hubby

    Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:33 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.