how doi muscle it down?

im 38 weeks prego. My doctor wants to do a c-section on friday, unless i can go into labor on my own. Im drinking castor oil or at least trying to how can i drink it. Its making me gag and i cant seem to muscle it down?

aggheff08

Asked by aggheff08 at 5:28 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Why would you be scheduled for an early surgery? Premature babies have a lot more problems than full-term... even if it is inconvenient to the surgeon's schedule.

At 38 weeks, depending on when you actually got pregnant (rather than what the charts think about your cycle length and your baby's maturation rate), your baby could be as much as 4 weeks younger than expected --because you can get pregnant early or late in your cycle, which means that your baby wouldn't be 'overdue' at 42 weeks, but just full term.

Messing around with birth schedules is creating a huge problems for baby and mommy health, not the least by increasing mortality rates in the US to levels that match India's.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:44 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I would NOT drink castor oil! It can be very dangerous for both you and your baby!

What is the reason for the c section? You can refuse a c section unless there is valid medical reasoning behind it. Don't let anyone force you into something you don't want to do.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:51 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• you, and only you can consent to the c-section. Unless you have preE, there isn't any reason to induce or do a c-section. You can simply refuse it. I know, that seems incredible- but doctors are not gods, and they are not law enforcement, and they can NOT make you do something you do not want to.

That baby may very well have another MONTH to cook, since a normal gestation period can be UP TO 42 WEEKS. You are not over due until you are at least 42 weeks.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:06 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• because hes been measurieng big since about 20 weeks on the ultrasound the other day he was 8lbs givein that he gains 1/2 a week like normal hes going to kill me. my first birth was vaginally and i broke my daughters shoulders and she was stuck they had to cut me from top to bottom she weighed 8lbs 5oz and he said its not worth risking our lives as bad as i dont want a c-section unless i go into labor withing the next few days im stuck with one and another thing i ask how to drink castor oil not how not to
    aggheff08

Comment by aggheff08 (original poster) at 6:56 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• You do realize that ultrasound measurements can be off by up to two pounds in either direction? So if they're telling you that he was 8lbs even he could be as big as 10lbs or as small as 6. There are many other natural induction (oxymoron there) methods that are far better for the health of you and your baby than castor oil. I doubt you're going to find many women who are willing to help you do something possibly detrimental to your/baby's health. And remember that, no matter what induction method you use, if the baby isn't ready to come it won't work.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 7:54 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• i am sorry about what happened with your daughter. that must have been scary. have you researched birthing positions at all? have you checked the spinning babies website? i don't know you or your body, but a c-section may not be necessary. good luck!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 22, 2010