Tattoos.

Okay, I know that it's kind of crazy to get your husband/wife's name on you... but what do you think of getting a symbol for them instead of their name?

BriTony08

Asked by BriTony08 at 5:28 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I am lucky I could do initials because my son and husbands are the same HAM
    Raindew

Answer by Raindew at 5:37 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• My husband doesn't have a symbol.

Years ago, when I toyed with the idea of ever getting anything permanently affixed to my skin, I thought I'd get a replica hickey on one breast, so he'd never have to 'make' a new one. But then he stopped making them, so that went away.

I wouldn't have custom artwork permanently adhered to my body that I wouldn't hang on a wall. I know I'm going to change my mind, want it somewhere else, or come to dislike it --and then, I can either change it, or remove it or live with it. Nah... even if they were free, I wouldn't.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:39 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• That's a cool idea, go for it!
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 5:58 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• dh and i both have our wedding date tattooed on our left ring finger it's 10-08-05 and wraps around like a band or #s....where i was working i was scared to wear my wedding rings b/c i was a nurse and had to take gloves on and off and wash hands alot and dh is an electrician and he can get shocked if a live wire hits his ring so he don't wear it to work
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:06 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I have a black triable dagon on my left shoulder and it has cmm ( it's my husband initails) under neath the claws. I got his done before were even married and we have been married for 3 years.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 7:07 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• not a fan
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 10:20 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Im not big on symbols but hey if you like it....and it has a special meaning goodluck I have my hubbys name and 14 years later we are still together and very much in love :)
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My man's nickname is Bug. I'm getting a little beetle tattoo'd on one of the willow leaves of the ink I already have on my back :)
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 1:45 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I don't think it's crazy to get the name or a symbol. To me, a tattoo represents a memory or occurrence in my life, so married or not, a name or a symbol would just be an artistic description of a part of life.  I have my partner's name tattooed on me (I did it myself on Valentine's Day 2007), and have plans to get our last name tattooed on me as well, but I just can't think of a symbol that I use to represent her, wish I could though, because it is a totally cute idea!

didra

Answer by didra at 3:22 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• My husband and I have been together 4 years, married 1 1/2. He has a tattoo of my name on his lower leg, done this about a year before we got married. Two months after we married I got a tat of our wedding rings, names inside them witha ribbon tying them together that has the date on it. It is located on my left breast
    TiffanyPlew

Answer by TiffanyPlew at 1:33 PM on Dec. 10, 2010