Looks like a rash almost

Hi there. My son is just over a month old now and since he was born I have noticed he has red dots all around his mouth and up to his ear, and then some on his neck. I am going to the docs tomorrow but I wanted to maybe get some input on what this could be.
Also another quick question my son's dirty diapers are quite dirty. He is bottle fed with parents choice formula. Is this normal.
And at what age can you give medicine?

baybeegurl272

Asked by baybeegurl272 at 5:38 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• bag balm..works wounders...u can get it at walgreens..its originaly for cow utters,but have been found to work for any skin conditions and dipar rashes.look it up online..
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 5:40 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• What kind of medicine? You are going to the doctor -ask.

Lots of babies have immature sebaceous glands, which gives them what is called baby acne. They outgrow it.

Formula-fed babies have bowel movements that are just like adults, not sure what you mean by 'dirty'...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:41 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Any ideas where this is from? Am I wiping his mouth too much?
    baybeegurl272

Comment by baybeegurl272 (original poster) at 5:41 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Sorry about the dirty part mommy is on very little sleep today they are quite runny i ment to put
    baybeegurl272

Comment by baybeegurl272 (original poster) at 5:42 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Saliva could be causing the face rash, or he could be intolerant to something in the formula. Allergies often show up as redness around the mouth, and that could explain the diapers as well. Your doctor may suggest changing formula- I would ask the doctors thoughts on that. I hope you are able to get it figured out.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 5:53 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• It's probably the baby acne. And if his diapers are runny, that's not really normal for a formula fed baby. I'd def ask the doc about that tomorrow.
    MommySteph06

Answer by MommySteph06 at 10:38 PM on Nov. 22, 2010