Thanksgiving decisions

so, my parents split up when i was a young teen. by the time i was a young adult there were many Thanksgivings where my mom was with her new husbands family (without me) and the same for my dad.
now my dad's wife's mom is deceased, so they will have Thanksgiving alone. my mom's daughter with her new husband is now an adult and does Thanksgiving with her boyfriend's family. my mom and her husband will be alone on Thanksgiving.
I can tell my mom is sad about being (almost) alone for the holiday.

would you include any of them in your family's Thanksgiving?

happy2bmom25

Asked by happy2bmom25 at 5:39 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Holidays

• I think you would feel better taking the high road, that apparently they could not do, and invite them. I think it is terrible that you were left out of family gatherings, new families or not. I think you would not regret having them because they are your family, bad decisions or not. However, if inviting them only for the sake of inviting them makes you feel miserable and stressed, then don't!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 5:45 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Sure - I'd invite them all as long as everyone gets along. I used to host Thanksgiving for my entire family, including my dad, stepmom, my mom, and her boyfriend. It was always fun!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 5:40 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Yes. Its time to forgive and forget. Thats what family is all about. Its never too late to be the one to "fix" a relationship/tradition
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Definitely. It would pain me to know my mom and stepdad were alone for the holidays while everyone else was together.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• if they all promised to be nice together
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 5:42 PM on Nov. 22, 2010